ITV1+1 Crash

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Was watching the news on +1, and it cut out with a screen saying (roughly) "we can't bring you this +1 service at the current time, service will resume shortly", and after a few minutes it did.

That has happened before, for at least a couple of different reasons:
(1) The original broadcast was beyond the limits of what some would find acceptable to be broadcast but on live failed to catch it early enough;
(2) Licensing restrictions that restrict how many time the video can be broadcast.

Disk failure? Power failure?
At their end? Yes, maybe. Some sort of technical glitch anyway. Just reporting it in case similar is seen again.

That has happened before, for at least a couple of different reasons:
(1) The original broadcast was beyond the limits of what some would find acceptable to be broadcast but on live failed to catch it early enough;
(2) Licensing restrictions that restrict how many time the video can be broadcast.
Being as this was during the national news and only for a few minutes, this seems to have been a new reason.

At their end? Yes, maybe. Some sort of technical glitch anyway. Just reporting it in case similar is seen again.

Being as this was during the national news and only for a few minutes, this seems to have been a new reason.
Their end was what I was implying.
The fact that it was rectified so quickly is a miracle. I would have expected a +1 channel to be unmonitored (as I suspect ITV3 and ITV4 are most of the time - feed the schedule into the computer and let it do the work.) Perhaps it's more sophisticated than that!

Possibly but not necessarily. Some times there are live segments on news shows, and not just prepared video stitched together with live commentary.

A non-news example of the +1 censorship is

Back