Merry Christmas everybody

I had the Carols From Kings and the service from Manchester on the TV as background music, and got to wondering how many ways I could get thrown out of a church.

There's the bit where the congregation respond "I believe" for a start, either I could get thrown out for responding "oh no it isn't / it's behind you!", or go with it and get ejected for perjury. Then I could be singing the alternative words to 'While Shepherds Watched...'

Tell you what, actual Christmas is a bit of an anticlimax. Friday I went to the Thursford Christmas Spectacular (look it up), and that was a hard act to beat.

Tell you what, actual Christmas is a bit of an anticlimax. Friday I went to the Thursford Christmas Spectacular (look it up), and that was a hard act to beat.
That is why starting to think about Christmas as soon as the guy has burnt his boots is not a good idea. Christmas Eve is plenty of time to plan for the big day itself.

The one I remember (from schooldays} involved socks,
Yes, whilst watching the "wrong" channel and somebody coming to correct the situation.
but I'm sure there are others.
A trio of monarchs from Orry and Tar, and modes of transport.
Then there was another K, involving glazing, and burnt parts.

Thirty plus years ago I was working for Steinway and tuned a piano at a Thursford show (not Christmas but a late summer event) for Russ Conway, delightful man.

I can't remember all of 'my' version but what I do is "One in a taxi, one in a car, one on a scooter blowing his hooter, ... "
Oh, yes, i remember something about being on a scooter and tooting his hooter as well.

Ah well, at my age I can't expect all the memories from younger days to survive ... :o_O:

Back