[webif] Web interface

epgkeywords. I seem to remember that when I installed it there was a setting as to when the email will be sent. I cannot seem to find it again. Also the last EPG scan says last Friday 18.00. Can you force a scan?

This is a bug - a restart is required to propagate the cancel from the pending list to the main. I don't fully understand what was going on with the accepted flash though.

Assuming that the restart prompt comes up after attempting a cancellation, everything should work as expected.

Edit: Try 0.7.0-2. That should prompt for a reboot after you have cancelled an event. It also allows scheduling of reminders which was requested.

The feedback's helpful : ) The webif hasn't seen much development of late as my time is being taken up with the new remote scheduling site (launching soon). It will duplicate a lot of the scheduling functionality on a web site with the advantage that you won't need to arrange for your Humax to be accessible from the Internet.

I'm currently at work but my Humax turns on at 4:00pm so I'll remote into it and load the latest webif.

Not urgent but could we schedule the start and stop events too.. I'm currently getting the Humax to come on at 4:00pm and go off at 00:05am so I can get access to it while away on business and schedule programmes. It works really well, well now I'm on 1.11 anyway.

It will duplicate a lot of the scheduling functionality on a web site with the advantage that you won't need to arrange for your Humax to be accessible from the Internet.

Does this mean that when using RS the Humax does not need to be on?

That was painless. Now on 0.7.0-2.

The Upgrade screen showed the new version but was only showing the Installed Version No, not the Available version which was blank.

Does this mean that when using RS the Humax does not need to be on?
Yes, although it does need to wake up occasionally to check the website to see if it needs to add anything to the recording schedule. Mine wakes up for the 04:30 update check anyway so I just schedule an additional wake-up/sleep betweeo 15:00 and 15:15. Through the web portal it's possible to add additional sleep/wakeup periods too.

Yes, although it does need to wake up occasionally to check the website to see if it needs to add anything to the recording schedule. Mine wakes up for the 04:30 update check anyway so I just schedule an additional wake-up/sleep betweeo 15:00 and 15:15. Through the web portal it's possible to add additional sleep/wakeup periods too.
Any reason why you give it 15 mins? What would be the shortest time it would need to sort itself out?

Any reason why you give it 15 mins? What would be the shortest time it would need to sort itself out?
Probably no more than 3 minutes would suffice.. I like to give it enough time to think about the scheduled recordings list (the software seems to update it during the first five minutes) and update the EPG info from the air.
Originally it was to give me a time window to VPN back to the house to set recordings...

Backup/Restore.
I don't know if this has been noted before: if not this might be useful to someone. Today my favourite Freeview feature appeared - 'please rescan for new channels', or words to that effect.
I backed up, rescanned, restored, rebooted. Everything worked except that the pesky message reappeared each time the box rebooted or came out of standby. In all, I rescanned/restored/rebooted 3 times (good grief, it's slow!) with the same result.
If you suffer a persistent popup in these circumstances and if my experience is anything to judge by, the correct sequence is:
Backup/rescan/REBOOT/restore/reboot. Then save something to the recording schedule. The extra reboot clears the popup.

epgkeywords. I seem to remember that when I installed it there was a setting as to when the email will be sent. I cannot seem to find it again. Also the last EPG scan says last Friday 18.00. Can you force a scan?
Anyone know this?
Also for the second time I had this happen:
I was adding extra lines in epgkeywords say another 4 lines to the existing 9 lines when suddenly I was taken to the home page and when I went into settings again a lot of the lines disappeared say about 7 of the old ones, which presumably would have been saved on the machine. Is this useful for a bug report?

Probably no more than 3 minutes would suffice.. I like to give it enough time to think about the scheduled recordings list (the software seems to update it during the first five minutes) and update the EPG info from the air.
Originally it was to give me a time window to VPN back to the house to set recordings...
I found out how to do a 15min slot but I just can't see how to do a 3min one. there seems to be only 15min steps.

I'm finding that if I set a start time for the Humax to come on at a specific time each day and then set a programme via the webif, that once it restarts it doesn't come back on but actually sits in standby and doesn't accept the new recording until the humax is started which is often too late. Could we have a status flag that says whether the Humax is on or in standby and an option to remotely turn it on or place it in standby?

I have the wireless helper code installed and can now talk to the Humax while it is in standby.

Changes in 0.7.1 (versus 0.7.0)
  • Updated channel icons;
  • Show mod version at bottom right of main screen;
  • Show a back-to-top button on long pages;
  • Scheduling now works properly on devices which use padding instead of AR;
  • Prompt for restart after cancelling event;
  • Fixes to schedule backup/restore.

Anyone know this?
Also for the second time I had this happen:
I was adding extra lines in epgkeywords say another 4 lines to the existing 9 lines when suddenly I was taken to the home page and when I went into settings again a lot of the lines disappeared say about 7 of the old ones, which presumably would have been saved on the machine. Is this useful for a bug report?
Yes thanks. I need to reimplement the keywords settings plugin, it doesn't work well in all browsers.

In this case "standby" means "half awake doing a scheduled recording from sleep" - not actually standby. If the Hummy is connected to the network by Ethernet, then you can communicate with the MSP interfaces while half-awake, but the standard firmware does not fire up the utilities needed to run a WiFi dongle in the USB socket until it is fully-awake (either turned on at the button, or woken by a timer or scheduled reminder).

The wireless helper utility in the MSP (Modified Software Project) triggers the WiFi dongle processes even when the Hummy boots to "half-awake", so that you can communicate with the WebIF etc just as if you are on wired Ethernet.

Firefox has always been pretty reliable for me when IE has not behaved. As well as the webif, all the Remote Scheduling stuff always worked best on FF but not always so well with IE

Firefox has always been pretty reliable for me when IE has not behaved. As well as the webif, all the Remote Scheduling stuff always worked best on FF but not always so well with IE
do you use epgkeywords/ does it work well in FF?
And BTW can you change your avatar please.

I use keyword searching in FF (v6.0.2) without any problems.

Why do you want oijonesey to change his rather amusing avatar? (just curious)

Back