[webif] Web interface

XBMC will find the standard DLNA server (as long as you turn it on), and that will decrypt StDef on the fly, but you get no transport controls. What I do is start a download (option available in the WebIF media browser) and then play it before the download completes in VLC, which then gets you FF/REW. Splash Player won't play it until the download is finished. Downloading this way (through the DLNA server) decrypts StDef without having to do anything.

HiDef is more of a problem, but auto-unprotect solves it and allows HiDef to be decrypt-downloaded and then played with Splash Player (I'm told).

I have put all this down somewhere else, I must find it and edit in the link...

webif 0.7.0
  • Show split event icon against split events in EPG;
  • Updates to the scheduling code to properly handle scheduling of split events;
  • Prevent scheduling duplicate events;
  • Fix blank/0 channels in EPG;
  • Show dashes for series recordings with no up-coming episodes (like the on-screen schedule does);
  • Also put dormant series recordings at bottom of list (was top);
  • Fix bug in event schedule popup for recordings in progress;
A lot of these changes are in preparation for remote scheduling.

Just loaded 0.7.0 and now I can't schedule programmes. They appear as pending but after the restart they don't get transferred to the main record list. Everything was working fine when on 0.6.7
I was scheduling programmes from work using the earlier webif without any remote mods by setting up a password in mongoose and adding another high port number which is forwarded through my router.

I have a programme set to record tomorrow ( I set it via the RS WebIF ) I did not reboot as I was going to leave it to take its course and use the 04:30 auto-update reboot to do it for me. It is showing in the queued list.

After reading your post I decided to initiate a reboot. That has now completed and the new recording has been moved in to the active list.

Oh yeh, I have updated both RS and WebIF

I am just setting a new timer to test it for you now.....

Yep. That went OK. Rebooted and a new timer showing as active. So no problem here on WebIF v0.7.0 and RS v0.1.2

Just loaded 0.7.0 and now I can't schedule programmes. They appear as pending but after the restart they don't get transferred to the main record list. Everything was working fine when on 0.6.7
I was scheduling programmes from work using the earlier webif without any remote mods by setting up a password in mongoose and adding another high port number which is forwarded through my router.
Do you know what version of the custom firmware you're running? If less than 1.11 then that could be the problem although it is supposed to fall back on the old method. I'll have a look tomorrow.

I am just setting a new timer to test it for you now.....

Yep. That went OK. Rebooted and a new timer showing as active. So no problem here on WebIF v0.7.0 and RS v0.1.2

I don't have or can access RS so could that be the problem?

How do I find out which version of modified firmware I have? I downloaded the first version that was available which had telnet enabled and then used telnet to install the web interface. After that all additional software was loaded via the web interface. If there were newer versions of the modified firmware then do I need to start again and reload the latest firmware mod then reinstall the web interface?

af123 is it possible you could add the underlying firmware version to the web interface page that shows what software you have installed? It would make fault finding easier.

I don't have or can access RS so could that be the problem?

No, that won't be it. I've found the problem in the webif with older firmware versions and I will upload a fix tonight.

How do I find out which version of modified firmware I have?

The file /etc/modversion on the Humax disk.

If there were newer versions of the modified firmware then do I need to start again and reload the latest firmware mod then reinstall the web interface?

No, just load the new custom firmware and carry on as you are - the packages which have been installed remain intact.

af123 is it possible you could add the underlying firmware version to the web interface page that shows what software you have installed? It would make fault finding easier.

Yes!

No, that won't be it. I've found the problem in the webif with older firmware versions and I will upload a fix tonight.

The file /etc/modversion on the Humax disk.

No, just load the new custom firmware and carry on as you are - the packages which have been installed remain intact.

Yes!

Brilliant thanks.

I'll load the new version of webif tonight once you have changed it to test it with the old firmware and then update to the latest firmware. I'll let you know if the new version doesn't fix the problem wth old firmware.

I'll load the new version of webif tonight once you have changed it to test it with the old firmware and then update to the latest firmware. I'll let you know if the new version doesn't fix the problem wth old firmware.

Thanks for volunteering to test. Try webif 0.7.0-1 which I've just uploaded. The main web page also shows the mod version at the bottom right so you should see 1.08 there.

Before updating to 1.11 I thought I would try inserting, restarting using the option that appears at the top of the screen and then cancelling the inserted programme. The programme goes to pending but you don't get a restart option at the top of the screen to be able to remove the programme. Is there any other way to restart the Humax from the interface?

No, if it doesn't think you need a restart then it doesn't give the option.
Cancelling a programme doesn't work properly at all with the old version of the custom firmware either.

No, if it doesn't think you need a restart then it doesn't give the option.
Cancelling a programme doesn't work properly at all with the old version of the custom firmware either.

OK, I'm on 1.11 now. Having written and tested software for 25 years I know that getting feedback from users is essential to getting stable software so I've now got my' lets see if I can break it' hat on :)

I've added a programme, get prompted for a restart, pressed the RESTART button and the programme is now in the main schedule.

I now delete the programme, I get no restart prompt but see that the 'Accepted by Humax' ICON at the end of the line has been removed. I assume this means we don't need a restart.

Next I go to the pending deleted programme and cancel it. The pending list is removed and the Accepted by Humax Icon comes back on. So far so good.

I now delete it again. The programme gets listed for deletion in the pending list once more BUT the 'Accepted by Humax' icon does NOT get removed from the original list. I wait until the programme should have started recording to see if the 'Accepted icon' is showing the correct info. The programme DOES get recorded so the Icon is showing the correct information and was not removed on the second cancel.

To recap if you cancel a programme, cancel the cancel and then re cancel it again the second time it will record the programme.

af123 and the rest of the development team, please don't take this post as criticism of your software. It is brilliant what you are trying to achieve and well done to you all. Please let me know if this feedback was helpful or an annoyance.

I now delete the programme, I get no restart prompt but see that the 'Accepted by Humax' ICON at the end of the line has been removed. I assume this means we don't need a restart.

This is a bug - a restart is required to propagate the cancel from the pending list to the main. I don't fully understand what was going on with the accepted flash though.

Assuming that the restart prompt comes up after attempting a cancellation, everything should work as expected.

Edit: Try 0.7.0-2. That should prompt for a reboot after you have cancelled an event. It also allows scheduling of reminders which was requested.

The feedback's helpful : ) The webif hasn't seen much development of late as my time is being taken up with the new remote scheduling site (launching soon). It will duplicate a lot of the scheduling functionality on a web site with the advantage that you won't need to arrange for your Humax to be accessible from the Internet.

Ref the webif EPG search and email notification...

BT will require authentication for you to send outbound mail to arbitrary recipients on the Internet via their dedicated smart host servers, but they won't require Joe Bloggs on the Internet to authenticate in order to send you email. It's just a matter of configuring the Humax to send to those public facing servers rather than the smart hosts.

If you go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ then you can put in your email domain name (the bit after the @ sign) and it will tell you which servers will accept mail for that address without authentication. Pick one of them to put in the Humax settings screen. For @btinternet.com for example, you need mx1.bt.mail.yahoo.com or mx2.bt.mail.yahoo.com.

This is one area of the web interface that could be improved.

Sorry to wake this one up again but has anyone got this working with a googlemail/gmail account? I tried the mx tool suggested by af123 and got a list of 5 servers to try but none of them worked - has anyone found a google one that works? Maybe we can list them by provider on the wiki?

Ref the webif EPG search and email notification...

Sorry to wake this one up again but has anyone got this working with a googlemail/gmail account? I tried the mx tool suggested by af123 and got a list of 5 servers to try but none of them worked - has anyone found a google one that works? Maybe we can list them by provider on the wiki?

I have, outgoing SMTP server I use is gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com

Back