[webif] Web interface

Having been playing around with flatten, I have some folders marked for protection by enclosing the names in []. The SUI sees them no problem, they behave just like any other folder, but on the WebIF media browser they do not list when opened. What I get is the title and the amount of data, but only a link to the parent directory and no listing of the files therein.

I had not noticed this until I saw your other post in the flatten thread, perhaps af123 can come up with something.

Can somebody suitably clever tell us why the [*] folders don't display properly in the WebIF media browser?

The webif uses something called glob() to retrieve the list of files in the directory, and [] is special for glob (it indicates a range of acceptable characters).

This is fixed in 0.8.3 which also adds experimental support for joining recordings together (using the nicesplice backend, see below) and a few other things like multiple file/folder deletion - (move/copy coming in the next version.)

join.png

(You can't see the mouse cursor in the screenshot - the middle file is in the process of being dragged. Haven't yet tested this from the iPad...)

I have just tried to upgrade to 0.8.3 and could not do it, I got the following error message.

Code:
>>> opkg upgrade webif
Upgrading webif on root from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_0.8.3_mipsel.opk.
package webif suggests installing nicesplice
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for webif:
*    jim-cgi (>= 0.4-1) *

I can now see the contents of the files in my [ ] folders, and the multiple file/folder deletion looks good as well.:)

Would it be possible to have an option in "Browse Media Files" to display the files in time/date order, instead of alphabetical as they are now? Perhaps the date and time could be extracted from the file name.

Would it be possible to have an option in "Browse Media Files" to display the files in time/date order, instead of alphabetical as they are now? Perhaps the date and time could be extracted from the file name.

Yes, that shouldn't be hard. Directories too, or should they be grouped at the top or bottom?

Yes, that shouldn't be hard. Directories too, or should they be grouped at the top or bottom?
I suppose that Directories/Folders could be grouped at the top, as they appear in the native Humax Media - Video list.

LOL

I've used the WebIF to do some tidying lately, renaming files in particular. I was a bit confused with file names and EPG names - turns out the "EPG name" is how the file appears on the SUI media list. Do you think it would be clearer if it was called something else?

It works joining OK, but unable to drag of course.
Still don't see the details every time after 'Please do not interrupt...'

I'll spend some time looking at that - it should be possible to implement dragging and work out why the progress is broken.

I've used the WebIF to do some tidying lately, renaming files in particular. I was a bit confused with file names and EPG names - turns out the "EPG name" is how the file appears on the SUI media list. Do you think it would be clearer if it was called something else?

It's a lot easier to do the typing on a real keyboard, isn't it?

Yes, EPG name is derived from the way that name first arrived in the HMT file, the label in the webif should be better - just 'Media List Name' ?

I'll spend some time looking at that - it should be possible to implement dragging and work out why the progress is broken.
Selecting in the order you want to join videos seems to do the job.
I have looked at my media files and I still have the originals as well as the joined. Handy if you get them in the wrong order as you can try again before deleting.
Works with radio files as well although I haven't had time to play anything back yet.

0.8.3-1 is there now, with an option to switch between name/date sorting, new label for second field in rename dialogue, and a stab at getting dragging working properly on a touch device (still untested)

Back