[webif] Web interface

Getting this when I try a join: (Webif 0.8.3-1)

Currently sorting by name | Runtime Error: browse.jim:326: can't read "env(QUERY_STRING)": no such element in array at file "browse.jim", line 326

Thanks - fixed it. Clicking on any directory entry (even the name of the current directory at the top of the list) should remove the error temporarily though.

Just notied that you can delete a directory in the webif, so I tried selecting three folders and clicked delete, but I got this message - Error can't read "ts": no such variable

But it did seem to correctly delete all the files and folders.

Apologies for being picky, but I was expecting an OPT+ button for folders with folder-specific options - eg delete and rename (and noflatten).

Just can't please some people! The group delete option is welcome though.

Temporary fix is now permanent 0.8.3-2.

Sort by Name and Sort by date appear as text with small symbols in front. One is AZ. Should they be showing as buttons?
Will they eventually cycle AZ/ZA etc.? Or is that asking too much?
On my setup the latest is at the bottom of the list.

Apologies for being picky, but I was expecting an OPT+ button for folders with folder-specific options - eg delete and rename (and noflatten).

Yes, that's the plan - I released earlier than planned to fix the [] problem so for now group delete is the way to remove folders (and it will remove all of their contents too). I'm working on move/copy functionality too when I get spare moments.

Sort by Name and Sort by date appear as text with small symbols in front. One is AZ. Should they be showing as buttons?
Will they eventually cycle AZ/ZA etc.? Or is that asking too much?
On my setup the latest is at the bottom of the list.

They are supposed to show as icons with text alongside. Cycling would be possible it useful to people.

Just notied that you can delete a directory in the webif, so I tried selecting three folders and clicked delete, but I got this message - Error can't read "ts": no such variable

But it did seem to correctly delete all the files and folders.

I can't reproduce this here : ( When did you get the message - on the browse screen or on a new page?

I can't reproduce this here : ( When did you get the message - on the browse screen or on a new page?

It was on the local Webif browse page, I moved down the directory tree to the /torrent folder and selected 3 folders (containing files and sub folders) and ticked all three folders and hit the "Delete" button and then I got the error on the webif screen, after selecting the recursive folder delete.

Did a refresh on the /torrent folder and all the folders had gone except for the "Incomplete" folder that I didn't tick for deletion.

I must say the Webif just gets better all the time, couldn't belive it when I also saw the RS also has the option to Delete files, but this seems to be different on the RS compared with the Webif, because you can't tick complete "folder" within the /torrent folder to delete, you got to move down the sub directories and select each single file, can't delete whole folders and all the files/sub folders within.

This is not a problem, I just wanted to point out the difference.

I assume if you delete the files using the Webif, and the RS hasn't refreshed it's file list and you delete a file that has already been deleted it will just ignore the event. (Not tried this...)

Hope that helps.

I must say the Webif just gets better all the time, couldn't belive it when I also saw the RS also has the option to Delete files, but this seems to be different on the RS compared with the Webif, because you can't tick complete "folder" within the /torrent folder to delete, you got to move down the sub directories and select each single file, can't delete whole folders and all the files/sub folders within.

Yes, the RS delete option is designed from when you're away from home and scheduling things but can see your disk filling up. It allows you to go through and free up some space until you get home.

I assume if you delete the files using the Webif, and the RS hasn't refreshed it's file list and you delete a file that has already been deleted it will just ignore the event. (Not tried this...)

Yes, if the isn't there then RS will just skip to the next command.

I currently have my media files sorted by date order and have noticed that some videos are out of position. Is the the sort date being sourced from the time a file was last modified rather than the broadcast time shown in Media Details?

It is not a problem for me as I prefer to have my list alphabetical.

I currently have my media files sorted by date order and have noticed that some videos are out of position. Is the the sort date being sourced from the time a file was last modified rather than the broadcast time shown in Media Details?

It is not a problem for me as I prefer to have my list alphabetical.

The date is coming from the filesystem - it is the creation time of the file so should be unaffected by file modifications or accesses. It isn't looking at the media details because not all files have them and it would be time consuming to open and parse each file just to render the list.

The date is coming from the filesystem - it is the creation time of the file so should be unaffected by file modifications or accesses. It isn't looking at the media details because not all files have them and it would be time consuming to open and parse each file just to render the list.
OK, Thanks. That explains what I am seeing. Files that I have joined take a new time stamp and appear later in my list.

Webif 0.8.4
  • OPT+ for directories (rename/delete);
  • Automatic daily schedule backups with last 7 days kept;
  • Updated channel icons.

Back