[network-shares-automount] package released

I couldn't get any of this to work from the command line. Having resorted to a Wireshark trace, it was receiving a tree connect request like "\\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/share" and returning a STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error. So I did this instead:
Code:
mount -t cifs //aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\\share /media/nas -o user=userid,pass=password
and it connected.
I don't know how this tweak works with network-shares-automount as I haven't used it or installed it to see.

Tried that command, didn't work/connect

Mahaid
It might be helpful if you install Team viewer on your PC then it would be possible to see exactly what you are doing rather that posting a lot of what to me are quite confusing report as to what you have tried and the failure responses.

BH: you mounted one hummy on another. I have a foxsatHdr which has tinyftp server and samba on it. What should I name the folders inside SMB/Foxsat ?
I don't understand. What's tinyftp got to do with it? Are the folders on the Foxsat?

There's limited point in mounting the Foxsat on the HDR-FOX. In order to make the Foxsat recordings playable on the HDR-FOX, first they would have to be recorded unencrypted in the first place (there are ways to do that), but also you would have to remove the sidecar files (the .ts is OK but the sidecars are incompatible).

Yes, I have read 580 and tinyftp still doesn't have anything to do with accessing a samba share.

I don't have a Foxsat and cannot test, but from what it says in 580 clearly you should have folder=Video

There is a new package available for the Foxsat which automatically converts files in the background to make them more compatible (see http://www.avforums.com/threads/con...r-the-humax-foxsat-hdr-web-interface.1869806/). That probably makes the remote mounting useful.

And guess what, blow me down with a feather, it seems that I can follow instructions. I installed the nas mount on foxsat and entered details and my nas was mounted by the foxsat. see picture. So why does the hummy not mount using the same details.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 14
Not sure. We should really update the mount utility to have a web interface rather than folder-based configuration!

Be aware that there is a real danger when cross-mounting a Foxsat HDR's "Video" folder under an HDR Fox T2's "My Video" folder, or vice-versa, that the .hmt file associated with a recording will become corrupted. This happens because the settop (Foxsat HDR) or humaxtv (HDR Fox T2) processes will see them as native and update them with invalid metadata.

The spanner in the works is the fact that I really need the mount on the hummy working because the foxsat although it mounts the NAS it can't cope with my files unless I convert them to foxsat friendly format, which I could do without. Also, I noticed that the mount utility on foxsat does not require domain details.

Be aware that there is a real danger when cross-mounting a Foxsat HDR's "Video" folder under an HDR Fox T2's "My Video" folder, or vice-versa, that the .hmt file associated with a recording will become corrupted. This happens because the settop (Foxsat HDR) or humaxtv (HDR Fox T2) processes will see them as native and update them with invalid metadata.
Thanks for warning, although I did not really intend mounting my foxsat files by the hummy. I only tried it to see if it succeeded to mount the foxsat but not mount the NAS. It turned out that the hummy can't mount either of them for some crazy reason. Normally now that your package came to my attention dlna should be good enough. The AD audio on the foxsat was nuts.

The spanner in the works is the fact that I really need the mount on the hummy working because the foxsat although it mounts the NAS it can't cope with my files unless I convert them to foxsat friendly format, which I could do without. Also, I noticed that the mount utility on foxsat does not require domain details.
To avoid confusion can you please refer to the T2 as a T2 and not 'the hummy'. They are all made by Humax and as such they are all hummys.

Mahaid
It might be helpful if you install Team viewer on your PC then it would be possible to see exactly what you are doing rather that posting a lot of what to me are quite confusing report as to what you have tried and the failure responses.

If you're available for a teamviewer session, I'm game.

"Foxsat-HDR" and "HDR-FOX" would be a lot clearer, "T2" doesn't distinguish between HD- and HDR-FOX, and is not often used on hummy.tv (even if elsewhere).

Not sure. We should really update the mount utility to have a web interface rather than folder-based configuration!
To quote history, folder configuration is so that it is possible to do without the WebIF. Maybe nobody needs that anymore, but a WebIF front-end while keeping folder config would be more desirable.

none of this explains why the t2 fails to mount the nas with the same setting whereas foxsat does. are there any other logs which we can have a look at

Just a thought, but maybe the NAS is using version 2 of the smb protocol, which the version on the HDR/HD can't cope with. This caused similar looking problems connecting to a Mac with OSX Lion or above. In Lion Samba was replaced by Apple's own less accommodating implementation. Maybe the Foxsat has a newer version of smb that can cope with version 2, explaining why it works form here?

That does not explain why the t2 would not mount the Foxsat either. Presumably the Foxsat has the older version of smb being 5 years old.

True. Though the FoxSat may still have a newer version depending on what is in it's custom firmware smb package (assuming that's less than 5 years old). If you haven't already tried, it would be worth setting up a bog standard smb share on a PC and seeing if that works. Also can you can see the shared drive on the Foxsat from a PC?

Back