[nicesplice]+[nicesplice-magic-folders] On box video editing

I was keeping most of it.

Interesting observation: Since doing some cropping, and keeping the originals for the time being, when I see the standard pie chart onscreen it now has two sectors. Below the blue sector showing my USB usage is a smaller one in a darker blue.
Not repeated on Webif or RS.
Can you share a photo? I haven't ever seen that...

I have taken a photo with my iPad, but how to get it to you?

I could try to email it. Have you got a dummy email address?

I have taken a photo with my iPad, but how to get it to you?

I could try to email it. Have you got a dummy email address?
af123@hummypkg.org.uk is fine, thanks. The Tapatalk app allows you to upload a photo directly to the forum but I don't think the 'Upload a File' link below the reply box works on the iPad.

Over the last few weeks, with the nights drawing in I've been working on a little project to bring on-box editing to our HD/HDRs. My old Digifusion box could do it and I've missed it.
The result is nicesplice and its just about ready for release into the wild...

There are a couple of new packages in the repository. The first is the nicesplice program itself. This takes one (or more) humax recording(s) and can cut segments out and join recordings together.

Brilliant, works a treat. Thanx....:) If/When it can/is implemented for Hi-Def, I can think of a few happy chappies. It will avoid a whole load of work editing in software on the computer. I hadn't used the bookmark feature before, did notice the bookmark could only be applied when playing, not when paused. Therefore it isn't possible to be frame accurate.

I don't do Tapatalk. Wouldn't know how.
I trust you will delete my details as I don't see a way stay anonymous.

One thing to watch out for - I just had a problem with the box getting confused if you end up with edited and original recordings done via webif in the same directory. The fact they have identical file names causes the trouble. The magic folders interface avoids this by adding a timestamp to the new recording filename - af123 is going to fix webif to do similar shortly, but in the meantime make sure you avoid doing this...

One thing to watch out for - I just had a problem with the box getting confused if you end up with edited and original recordings done via webif in the same directory. The fact they have identical file names causes the trouble. The magic folders interface avoids this by adding a timestamp to the new recording - af123 is going to fix webif to do similar shortly, but in the meantime make sure you avoid this...
OK, I will await developments.
The original file retains the bookmarks and Opt+ has the option to crop. That's one button I will not push just yet. BH!

A more interesting, and slightly less embarrassing image!

crop2.png

OK, I will await developments.
The original file retains the bookmarks and Opt+ has the option to crop. That's one button I will not push just yet. BH!

0.8.0-2 should fix the problem that Drutt found. It gives the new recordings unique names.
The progress bar is also more accurate now and the screen gives an estimate of how long the operation will take - see my previous post.

Here's a picture of 4921's pie chart..

usbpie.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what that darker wedge is? Odd if its appearance coincided with testing the editing.

Edit: Actually, I think it's normal for the top right quarter to be lighter than the rest. Mine's the same. Presumably you've just taken your disk usage over 25% for the first time.

No. My usage is standing at 24% at the moment. It has been up in the high 40s.

Can I add a couple of photos, On the left Internal HDD usage, On the Right USB Usage, both from a HDR-FOX-T2 that has never had any Custom Firmware Packages installed, Notice they both have a '3 o Clock shadow', So I think the two tone pie is normal PHOTO
EDIT - I suspect there will be another colour change at 9 o clock as well

Joining of files from different TV channels often does not work.

I suspect you need to update the TEI/PUS/PRI information in one file to match the other if the two channels are different. At least that information is in the clear even in encrypted files so it should be possible.

Can I add a couple of photos, On the left Internal HDD usage, On the Right USB Usage, both from a HDR-FOX-T2 that has never had any Custom Firmware Packages installed, Notice they both have a '3 o Clock shadow, So I think the two two tone pie is normal PHOTO
Yes there is a shadow but small. What we are seeing is a definite wedge (sector) of a darker blue. (HD)
I have a idea it may be showing the percentage used by the 'Original' folder. Mine contains four recordings totalling 9.6GB about 2% (114.9GB = 26% on my HDD). It is not always there and I haven't yet discovered what makes it appear.

Edit: I have just seen your photos. They didn't appear in your post when I first read it.
Even when I was up in the 40%s I don't recall seeing your type of shadow.
I will record some more HD stuff to bump my usage up.

Yes there is a shadow but small. What we are seeing is a definite wedge (sector) of a darker blue. (HD)

I was just thinking that if you had used just over 25% you would get a darker blue wedge, This PHOTO is the right one again photo-shopped (very badly) to show what 30% usage would look like, There obviously would be no wedge below 25% useage

Brilliant work, so much happening while my attention was elsewhere. One day I might even have a play with it!

For my education, how does it work (as opposed to "how do you work it")? I don't think it has been elucidated.

Did you mean to say Custom Firmware? If so, It already is
Not wanting to criticise or be unnecessarily picky, but since "firmware" is what gets burned into ROM (even if some kind of erasable EEPROM), it is only really the custom boot code that can be described as CF. That's why I refer to it as the MSP (particularly the bulk which loads from disk).

Back