PVR9150T recordings and picture unstable.

blaming the HDD may not be the route to go if its the old contrast issue that is the problem.
"If" being the operative word.

Surely "contrast issues" are a design fault and present from day 1? That wouldn't explain a new problem with an old recording (if that be the case).

Surely "contrast issues" are a design fault and present from day 1? That wouldn't explain a new problem with an old recording (if that be the case).
Certainly the problem wasn't reported until several years after the 9300T was released and I have always suspected it was a CODEC problem in the decoding hardware. I have never seen it reported for the earlier 9200T or any of the alter Humax boxes.

So not affecting the PVR-9150 at all then.
It has also been reported on the 9150T. Not as many reports but I got the impression that no so many 9150Ts were sold compared to the 9300T.

The 9150T and 9300T are extremely similar. They were launched within weeks of each other and the 9150T was advertised as a budget version of the 9300T.

Last edited:
[Side note: I suggest a mod/admin corrects the title of this section of the forum (and 9200, and 9300, is appropriate)]

The 9150T and 9300T are extremely similar.
As far as I'm aware (and we all know that means nothing in my case!) the main user observable difference was the disc size. Then the 9300 has some RCA connectors, optical output and HDMI that the 9150 doesn't have - at least according to the manual I've just searched for. What changes were made internally I don't know. I doubt it would be cost effective to have different decoding hardware. I can't remember whether 9300 and 9150 software updates occurred at the same time. I always thought (no proof) it was the same software on both machines.

Whatever, if the OP is having problems now which did not occur before when playing the same material, this is hardly likely to be problems with the codec. HDD issues will manifest as stuttering and break-up.

What the OP is not doing is providing any more information!

As far as I'm aware (and we all know that means nothing in my case!) the main user observable difference was the disc size. Then the 9300 has some RCA connectors, optical output and HDMI that the 9150 doesn't have - at least according to the manual I've just searched for. What changes were made internally I don't know. I doubt it would be cost effective to have different decoding hardware. I can't remember whether 9300 and 9150 software updates occurred at the same time. I always thought (no proof) it was the same software on both machines.
The PVR-9300T also has an alphanumeric front panel display, whereas the PVR-9150T just has a row of LEDs.
They both have different versions of software/firmware, and the OTA updates were broadcast in different time slots.

Back