Recording has failed due to loss of power

I had two failures on Saturday - a Sherlock Holmes film and Dixon of Dock Green - both on TPTV. Neither of them recorded, or were playable. The 'channel icon' in front of the scheduled to record programme - for both of the above - was completely blank.

The box is usually in deep sleep mode, but I noticed that on Saturday evening, it seemed persistently to be in red-standby.
When I switched it on, I discovered that it had also conveniently forgotten the Wi-Fi! What's that all about?

I did a Reset - and tuned the channels in... again.

I am wondering whether the EPG suddenly de-populates itself at random times causing the failed recordings.
Where is the Freeview over-the-air EPG stored? Is it in memory cache, or is it saved to disk?
Well, after the above, I reset the box to basics, tuned the channels in, connected the wi-fi to update the Freeview app, then switched off the wi-fi and turned off 'scan for networks'.

I have Primeval on Sky Mix, on series record, basically Mon-Fri each week. And the box has largely been consistent in the recordings - no failed recordings, though an ancient TalkingPictures film started about 10 minutes late on one occasion.

In the Recordings list, the channel icon for Channel 4 HD tends to disappear. As does BBC4 HD.

A few times the red standby lamp has been on for no apparent reason. On starting the box in this condition, it defaults to the Home Apps page, even though it was switched off on a channel previously. And the ridiculous message for wi-fi being disconnected pops up. There must be some sort of app prioritisation going on - even with the wi-fi off.

About half an hour ago the 'floating mini-live screen' was blank (audio continued though) on the Home apps screen. An 'app reboot' on the FreeviewPlay home page seemed to fix that.

Back