Red Ring not working on new install

Are you saying the box is still in RMA despite having re-installed a standard firmware? I believe we have a fix for that: see System Flush Update File HERE (click).

Are you saying the box is still in RMA despite having re-installed a standard firmware? I believe we have a fix for that: see System Flush Update File HERE (click).

I have already tried that. I flushed the system using that file and the Humax went into the Installation Wizard. When that had finished I installed the standard firmware, then the custom firmware, re-booting after each installation. The Redring package is now missing, all that shows in Advanced Settings is Show Development and Advanced Packages and Expert Mode telnet Server I set both those to Yes, re-booted but the Redring Package is still missing. I repeated the whole procedure but the situation remains the same

It doesn't sound like you've installed the redring package since installing the custom firmware again. You need to go to package management and install it.

Thank you af123 I have now done this and Redring is working perfectly

Many thank to all those members who responded with advice and suggestions
This thread can now be considered closed

Back