[renumber] Channel Re-numbering Extension

no, you get the correct channel. as an example, I watch gymnastics on BBCThree, which is also being shown on BBCHD (which I've allocated as channel 8), if I press 'OK watch in HD' it takes me to ch 8.
af's been clever then - or lucky! (It's good to be lucky)

I think having 'moved' (i.e. not swapped) channels missing in the EPG is not the only problem, scheduled recordings via RS on the swapped channels seems to be affected too. I set my HDR to record the Olympics opening ceremony on BBC1 HD (preset 1), but it actually recorded BBC1 SD (50).

I thought the RS website actually got the channel numbers and EPG from af123's own box and not ours? Did this change or am i totally mistaken? If so then im not sure how easy it would be to fix the conflict between RS and Renumber?

I think having 'moved' (i.e. not swapped) channels missing in the EPG is not the only problem, scheduled recordings via RS on the swapped channels seems to be affected too. I set my HDR to record the Olympics opening ceremony on BBC1 HD (preset 1), but it actually recorded BBC1 SD (50).
Did you move the channels using the new renumber package or yourself via the SQL command line? If the former then it should have tracked the move for you

Look at local news on BBC one in the RS epg. It will be 'Look North' from Yorkshire. There may be other regional programmes that differ from yours.

I thought the RS website actually got the channel numbers and EPG from af123's own box and not ours? Did this change or am i totally mistaken? If so then im not sure how easy it would be to fix the conflict between RS and Renumber?
The EPG comes from my region, the channel list is sourced from your box.

The latest version of the rs package can handle channels which have been renumbered through the renumber package (at least for scheduling although I haven't renumbered any channels myself) - it won't handle anything renumbered by hand.

The box also uploads favourites but I haven't finished the RS-end part that lets you restrict the display to a favourites group.

Sorry to bump, but do you have any thoughts on this, af123? :)
It would be possible but I need persuading of the benefit because it will involve a reasonable amount of work to implement.
Isn't that something you usually only have to do following a retune? I suppose I could allow a set of wildcards and any channels matching that are always deleted on boot. I can see the use case for *Adult* etc.

Renumber package installed and working OK. Easy as pie to set up. No conflicts with the rs website and all my scheduled recording seem to be intact. Thanks again af123.

Just one question, I've put BBC HD on channel 8 - what would be the outcome if freeview decide to use that channel in the future? Or would the channel numbering reset after a rescan anyway?

Did you move the channels using the new renumber package or yourself via the SQL command line? If the former then it should have tracked the move for you

Definitely via the renumber package, I didn't even realise there was a command line for SQL, but I would be interested in finding out about this for other reasons. Maybe the issue is due to the fact that I'd already moved the channels around using the Humax GUI before you'd even released the renumber package. If you reckon it should all be OK, I'll have a bit of a play-around tonight. I'll move everything back to the original positions, remove and reinstall renumber and then start again.

It seems to have tracked ok for me on the RS website. I record corry in SD for SWMBO and that has changed from channel 3 to 51 on the RS website after I swapped the HD channels round. Its not actually recorded yet though, and the schedule was set up on the Hummy not the website if that makes any odds?

That's mad. Why not just use LCN 45 throughout rather than have to avoid 8 in Scotland and Wales??

I reset the numbering, rebooted the box, cleared the favourites, reapplied the revised numbering that I wanted, rebooted again then rebuilt the favourites list.
All looks fine on the EPG on web-if, but no sign of BBC HD (8) on the rs EPG and any programme I select from the other HD channels (now on 1, 3 and 4) it actually shows the listing for the SD channels, so presumably this is what's getting stored in the schedule. Definitely still something not right there :-(

I'm very sad to say that I've discovered a potential issue with this, I think someone else has already mentioned it too, but I can't remember who or where. Anyways, I've swapped BBC1, ITV1 and C4 with their HD counterparts, which all works very nicely. I've also moved BBC HD to channel number 8 (which was otherwise vacant since I'm in England), this has also worked nicely as far as the HDR itself is concerned, but doing this seems to have caused BBC HD to vanish completely from the EPG on the RS portal, and programs on BBC HD don't come up in a search. I'm presuming that this issue relates to the renumber package because the RS EPG is not listing the other three HD channels that I've renumbered using their updated numbers. Is this something that would be easy to fix?

I had exactly this problem. I renumbered my channels using sqlite (before I found this thread).

Looks like rsportal uses a mixture of LCNs and Service IDs. In the portal EPG I get the channel name according to my settings (so channel 1 = BBC One HD) but the programmes are BBC 1. If I click on the BBC One HD name, I get a BBC One HD logo but a channel name of BBC One and programmes for BBC One. If I set a timer from that, it gets set against LCN50, which is where I have BBC One.

I would characterise that as: Channel names and logos in the EPG are as per the hummy updated LCN table but the programmes are based on the "standard" service ID. (Hence BBC One programmes show up where they would be expected to be, not where they have been reallocated to.) That would explain the lack of BBC HD on LCN 8, because 8 is normally vacant and hence nothing is "expected" to be there. It probably also explains why Channel 4 (relocated to LCN54) shows BBC HD progammes. When you click on a programme to set the timer, it must use the service ID because the channel is as per the programme (even though the programme appeared in the wrong place on the EPG) and it ends up on the reallocated LCN on the hummy.

Interestingly, when it comes back as an active schedule it all matches the hummy (service ID as per the original programme and reallocated LCN).

Not a brilliantly clear explanation but hopefully it will help to track down a solution!

Couple of other things: Pending schedules describe the channel using the channel name from the service ID with the standard LCN in brackets. Pending unschedules use the channel name associated with the standard LCN table, even if the LCN had been reallocated.

Example:
Go to Now and Next EPG and click on BBC One HD (reallocated to LCN 1).
Full EPG shows with BBC One HD logo but saying 1 - BBC ONE
Set a timer for the Olympic Closing Ceremony and it gets scheduled as BBC One, showing up in the hummy schedule as LCN 50.
Now unschedule it and it says "Unschedule ... BBC One HD (50)" So it picks up the LCN from the schedule but assumes it hasn't been reallocated and gives it the standard channel name.
Now and Next EPG and click on BBC One (realloacted to LCN 50)
Full EPG shows with BBC One logo but saying 50 - BBC One HD
Set a timer for Olympics Closing Ceremony in HD and rsportal says: "Schedule ... BBC One HD (50). So it gets the channel name from the service ID but assumes the LCN hasn't been reallocated.

Also, setting a timer on the SD channel asks if you want HD and then picks the correct channel (and displays it according to it's reallocated LCN). So scheduling of HD recordings fron the SD guide must all work with service IDs and the LCNs appear in the schedule according to the TBL_SVC table only for the purposes of display.

The ability to re-number services (channels) on the Humax by changing the Logical Channel Number (LCN) has often been requested, so here is an experimental web interface extension to do just that.

reorder.png

Once installed, it is available as an option in the Web Interface Settings screen, probably near the bottom.

For each channel that you wish to change, enter a new number into the box and save changes. Next time you reboot your Humax, the channel numbers will change around. If you ever rescan the channels on your box then the next time you reboot they will be automatically changed to match your saved preference.

Renumbering channels is useful for people who want to swap the high-definitions services with their standard-definition counterparts, e.g. swap BBC ONE for BBC ONE HD putting BBC ONE HD on channel 1, and can also be used to re-order channels (e.g. move BBC HD to channel 8) to be closer to the start of the EPG. Of course another way to achieve this is to use the standard favourites feature in the Humax software to define your own list of channels and order them to suit.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for all the great work. Have just upgraded to HDR T2 from my old Toppy so as to be able to record HDTV. I bought the Toppy because of the great community of developers creating custom apps and this is already looking as good or better.

As per my post above, I renumbered my channels with sqlite. In the "Original Number" column, they show up as the reallocated numbers for first channel is BBC One HD, Original number 1, Current Number 1. Obviously, prior to me fiddling with TBL_SVC, the Original number would have been 50. Not sure where the "Original number" comes from.

A week or so ago, I used the Channel Renumber facility to bring the HD channel to the top and found it worked correctly.

Today I renumbered the channels again as shown below:

Channel renumber

Original
1;2;3;4;5;6;7;9;10;11;12;33;27;13;44;15;16;38;12;50;54;51;52;80;14

Current
1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8; 9;54;10;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;22;23;24

This resulted in:

Humax EPG
1;2;2;2;3;4;4;5;56;67;78;89;10;10;11;12;13;1314;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;22;23;23;24;24

Web-IF EPG
1;19;2;7;8;3;21;11;6;12;9;10;4;22;13;5;14;18;17;23;20;16;24;15

Duplicate channels in the Humax EPG and un-ordered numbers in the Web IF.

The box was rebooted correctly using the remote.

EDIT:

Just remembered that the box did an automatic re-tune and the channel list now contains duplicate channels. This is probably causing the above.

EDIT 2:

Decided to uninstall Renumber and use the Humax method in Favourites.

Is it just me or has the renumber option vanished from Settings? It was there recently but now I can't find it!

I have all the junk channels shifted to 4xx numbers, but just noticed channel 49, Jewellery, and wanted to move it. I can't see any button under Settings to access that option any more. Am I being stupid?

Is it just me or has the renumber option vanished from Settings? It was there recently but now I can't find it!

I have all the junk channels shifted to 4xx numbers, but just noticed channel 49, Jewellery, and wanted to move it. I can't see any button under Settings to access that option any more. Am I being stupid?

Still can't see why I am not able to view the renumber menu any more. I have updated everything but still no ability to renumber, yet it is clearly working on the changes I had already made.

Back