Resetting Loader to version a7.30

Hi reashaw,

Good news I got it to work. Germany and exit seemed to do the trick. Thanks. Problem now is the EPG only has the programs for the channell group you are currently tuned to. SK if eg you are watching abc1, the the EPG only shows the ABC group of channels, if you switch to 7 HD you get the 7 channels in the EPG, and the ABC ones you had before go blank ( as with the other 15 or so channels). An interesting side effect of this is that the time shown in the EPG view moves around by an hour depending on which channel group you are tuned to. Did you encounu this and if so find a solution?
Thanks

Bsh

Well done, I knew you would get there in the end.

In my original post I said "Humax units working, with a few minor irritations with the EPG" These irritations still exist and are as you detailed. Not sure how you would address this. It was one of the drivers for getting the 7500T - but that has its own issues even when using ICE EPG as explained.

The time can be adjusted in the hidden menu - its a relative offset Network time to GMT - mine is currently 8 hours - yours should be 10. Local (not applicable in WA) and UK Daylight saving has to be adjusted for. Scheduled Time recording has not be an issue due to any difference in displayed times but can be a little disconcerting.

Just a word of warning - don't try to load the local 7500T firmware as I did. It all seems to go well but failed in the end. The Loader was updated (the reason for the original post) in the process to 7.54. Any HDR2 upgrades now have to be renamed to conform to the local 7500T naming convention and loaded using the 7500T process.

If you find a way to resolve the EPG issue please advise.

Raeshaw

Problem now is the EPG only has the programs for the channell group you are currently tuned to. SK if eg you are watching abc1, the the EPG only shows the ABC group of channels, if you switch to 7 HD you get the 7 channels in the EPG, and the ABC ones you had before go blank ( as with the other 15 or so channels).

Black hole has wrote extensively on Advice for Tuning Multiple Regions (see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/advice-for-tuning-multiple-regions.3429/ ). This problem with the EPG is mentioned in that thread and applies to tuning to multiple regions with the same 'service id' as opposed to reception from 2 different authorities with different service IDS, which is different
Whether it can be extended to three or more regions I don't know. It will also not apply to mixing reception from two different national authorities where service IDs etc conflict (eg England and Ireland) - the EPGs wipe each other out rather than complementing each other.

It is likely that the service ID from 'abc1' and the service Id from '7HD' are different in the same way that the service id of England (Freeview) and Ireland (Saorview) differ.

For users who have a box tuned to two providers with different service IDS (e.g. Saorview Freeview or perhaps ABC / 7HD in your case) it means accurate recordings will not be reliable and you will need to use padded recordings .

Black Hole advises in his thread for multiple regions
The precautions for recording from multiple regions are first (as noted above) ensure you have padding times set (to disable AR - I use -1+5). Secondly it is necessary to ensure EPGs from both regions are kept up-to-date - if a channel from both regions is not actually viewed (recording is not enough when not using AR) on a regular basis, the data will become stale, updated transmission times will not be picked up, and the data runs out completely after a week (see Things Every... section 4).

(but again note multiple regions is not the same as receiving signals from providers with different service IDS)

I have installed the poweron-channel package and set it for a Freeview channel. If the box has the Saorview EPG populated when it powers off then the next time it boots the EPG contains both Saorview and Freeview EPG data.(This remains the case until a recording is stopped or a channel is changed with the remote control and until this happens both services/broadcasters EPGS can be searched).

I set a power on/off cycle in the morning for a Saorview channel so that first the Saorview group of channels EPG is refreshed and when the box powers on for a recording or watching TV the EPG for the Freeview group of channels is updated ( poweron-channel package).

As an aside is the ICE EPG soley for Humax users or is it a service for all Freeview equipment down there and does it get the EPG updates over the air or from the internet (i.e. do you have to have an working internet connection for your HDR for ICE to work)?

As an aside is the ICE EPG solely for Humax users or is it a service for all Freeview equipment down there and does it get the EPG updates over the air or from the internet (i.e. do you have to have an working internet connection for your HDR for ICE to work)?

ICE EPG is an alternative for "unofficial" Freeview products. I believe there is a set of criteria that products have to meet - any variance and Freeview stamp of approval is not given. I expect the largest provider of Freeview boxes in Australia is FOXTEL - the SKY equivalent.

ICE EPG is offered for a range of products. HUMAX seems to be a key customer with offers of 5 year subscriptions for the same cost as others 1 year.
Updates are scheduled for every 15 minutes via the internet. An online account allows you to schedule and manage recordings for registered units. The HDR2 is not a supported device.

I'm not familiar with the poweron-channel package and will investigate if it will help.
Thanks.

Border thanks for this.

I have tried to record a couple of programs using the EPG of the channel group I was on. The recordings failed completely (well I got a 17 kb HMT file in the media root directory - happened twice). I suspect it was because the HDR T2 was set to a different channel group during the time of the recording, I will experiment with this when I have some time. I will also have a look at service ID thing also, though I lack confidence in its success as I seem to lose the epg for a group of channels when I migrate to anther... I also not there is a service provider field in the hidden service menu. I have changed this from BBC to NONE on occasion and it does not seem to change much. Any other ideas you have would be appreciated. Can something be setup where the Humax populates the EPG from the web?? Just a thought.

bsh

I will also have a look at service ID thing also, though I lack confidence in its success as I seem to lose the epg for a group of channels when I migrate to anther... I also not there is a service provider field in the hidden service menu.
bsh

I have no expertise in these issues. The service ID cannot be changed,it is (I think), a unique number embeded in the broadcast signal. Changing the Operator Setting on the hidden menu does not change the service ID of the broadcast EPG. Changing the 'Get Network Time' as mentioned in post 22 might be more relevant for you.

Can something be setup where the Humax populates the EPG from the web??

bsh

As far as I know the only way at present HDRs here update is from the broadcast signal, and not from the web. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Is there a way in which I can roll the loader back to a7.30?
This is an old thread, but I have recently managed to upgrade the loader on one of my HDRs from a7.30 to a7.34 without problems, so if the OP is still around and wants to go back to an official version then it is now possible!

This is an old thread, but I have recently managed to upgrade the loader on one of my HDRs from a7.30 to a7.34 without problems, so if the OP is still around and wants to go back to an official version then it is now possible!
I wouldn't mind knowing how to do this. I had an unreliable HDR-FOX which I'd taken out of service and had installed the loader from the Australian HDR-7500T on it whilst tinkering with it. I have since managed to repair it and would like to revert to the standard loader.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to do this. I had an unreliable HDR-FOX which I'd taken out of service and had installed the loader from the Australian HDR-7500T on it whilst tinkering with it. I have since managed to repair it and would like to revert to the standard loader.
I'll PM you a link to an update file with a7.34 this evening. I'm not planning to make these publicly available as updating the loader does carry some risk and there are no known benefits to running a particular version (although a7.30 does seem to be a little slower at reading updates from USB than later versions).

I'll PM you a link to an update file with a7.34 this evening. I'm not planning to make these publicly available as updating the loader does carry some risk and there are no known benefits to running a particular version (although a7.30 does seem to be a little slower at reading updates from USB than later versions).
Just noticed this update to my original post - if its possible I would like to get the update file with a7.34 - regards.

Hi

Could someone pass me the a7.34 loader file and instructions to upload it?

What is the very latest firmware again?

Back