[sweeper] Custom rules to manage recordings

As it takes time to shift recordings to external storage, what would happen if you turned the hummy off mid-transfer?
It depends on when power is removed but the process is designed as far as possible to minimise any risk.
When shifting a recording to external storage, everything is copied across and the file sizes of the copies are checked against the originals before the originals are removed. If power gets removed during copying, then only some of the files will be copied across. Next time the unit is on the copying will be repeated with any truncated files on the destination being deleted and re-copied. If power is removed during deletion (a much smaller window) then you could be left with some stray files on the source.

Both issues fixed in 2.0.2.
Those of you who have lost your sweeper rules should find them in a file called /mod/etc/sweeper.conf-opkg.backup. If that file exists and you don't have a sweeper.conf, then it will automatically be restored for you; otherwise, if you have re-created your sweeper.conf in the meantime, you will have to reconcile the two by hand.
I visited HDR3 today (which has a slightly more complicated config file) and was pleasantly surprised to find it running normally despite me not having looked at it since before v2.

I am a noob with Sweeper, so forgive me if what I am trying to do is simple. I want to automatically rename certain recordings, changing the filename (TS, NTS, HTM and THM) to a new name with a date stamp and also change the medalist title (called recording title in this package, I think) to a new name without a date stamp. I can do the first part, but I can't figure out how to do the second part. I can see recording title as a search field, but can't see how to change it.
By the way, does Sweeper run after boot up, or after a recording has finished, or both?

Sweeper runs as part of the WebIF auto processes, which I think triggers every ten minutes to see if there are any jobs to do.

I am a noob with Sweeper, so forgive me if what I am trying to do is simple. I want to automatically rename certain recordings, changing the filename (TS, NTS, HTM and THM) to a new name with a date stamp and also change the medalist title (called recording title in this package, I think) to a new name without a date stamp. I can do the first part, but I can't figure out how to do the second part. I can see recording title as a search field, but can't see how to change it.
There isn't an action for changing the medialist title at present. I can add one easily enough. The rename file option does continue on to the next rule so would allow for the medialist title to be changed in the same pass. I think there's a bug in there too which will need fixing. I'll add the function you need to the next release.

I'll add the function you need to the next release.
Thanks for doing this. The problem I have is with recording the Keiser Report on RT. My boxes are set to use AR by default, but often the first couple of minutes of the programme is not recorded: presumably due to poor implementation of AR flags by the broadcaster. There are three shows a week (plus repeats), but no working series links. The best way I have found to get round this is to set up three weekly repeat recordings, but this option does not allow padding, so I have to do this manually by making the start time earlier. This then changes the filename and medalist title to that of the previous programme. I would like to be able change the filename and medalist title and sweep into a named folder.

You can set AR Padding on channel basis and even on an individual programme basis by using either the Muli-mode package or the options the Web-If >> Scheduled Events screen, however you would still have the programme name problem
Thanks for the info. I was aware of the scheduled events screen in Web-If*, I use this sometimes to change a recording to padding, but I did not know about multi-mode to change the default mode of a channel: this should do the trick as a padded recording will have the correct file and medalist names. I will just need Sweeper to move to a folder. Still a nice feature though, to be able to change the medalist title with Sweeper.
*This feature is of limited use in this case: as series links don't work on that channel you would have to set this up for each individual recording every week as padding is not available with weekly recordings.
Edit. Installed multimode; RT is now set for padding. This is an improvement, but I'm still stymied by the lack of series link. I think Sweeper is the way forward when it has been updated.

I've just uploaded sweeper 2.0.3. I got a bit carried away and completely restructured the way that actions are handled internally. Bit of an upheaval but it still passes all of the regression tests I have and is much cleaner now which will make it easier to extend, review and troubleshoot.

New conditions:

o lastrule - did the previous rule match/not match?
o foldername -folder name contains...
o fflag can now be used for one-off recordings too.

New actions:

o settitle - set medialist title
o setguidance - set or clear guidance flag/text

How do I use the new 'settitle' command? I could not find the action in the drop-down menu so I edited sweeper.conf, but now when I open Sweeper in Web-If I get the message 'unknown action - settitle'.

How do I use the new 'settitle' command? I could not find the action in the drop-down menu so I edited sweeper.conf, but now when I open Sweeper in Web-If I get the message 'unknown action - settitle'.
It should be there - are you definitely running version 2.0.3?

Yes, I'm on 2.0.3. I've just rebooted again. I am new to this package. Here are the contents of my sweeper.conf:

Code:
# Rename to Keiser Report
title Headline action {renamefile {Keiser Report_%yyyymmdd_%hhmm}}
# Rename Medalist Title to Keiser Report
title Headline action {settitle {Keiser Report}}
# Move Keiser Report to Folder
filename Keiser action {movecreate {/media/My Video/Keiser Report}}

I have previously raised this as a general feature request and it was suggested that sweeper could do this with a little work.

I would like to save non-series recordings such as films without the date stamp in the title. I am not sure which title field this should be, but my objective is that when I archive them to an external HDD (using Humax UI), if the title already exists, it won't duplicate. At the moment, every title is unique because of the date and time added to the title.

Will the latest version of Sweeper do this now ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That looks okay to me. On my box that shows in the GUI as:

Screenshot%202014-06-20%2000.21.18.png

Maybe try clearing the browser cache (although it shouldn't be necessary)

I
I would like to save non-series recordings such as films without the date stamp in the title. I am not sure which title field this should be, but my objective is that when I archive them to an external HDD (using Humax UI), if the title already exists, it won't duplicate. At the moment, every title is unique because of the date and time added to the title.

Will the latest version of Sweeper do this now ?

Yes. You can use the 'Rename recording files to...' action.. something like:

Screenshot%202014-06-20%2000.25.59.png

Should do it for you. You could specify different/more conditions to limit what this will be applied to.

Is it still possible to access sweeper via the command line? I am drawing a blank :-
Code:
humax# opkg info sweeper
Package: sweeper
Version: 2.0.3
Depends: webif (>= 1.0.15-3)
Provides:
Section: misc
Architecture: mipsel
Maintainer: af123@hummypkg.org.uk
MD5Sum: d9f0c3a46f3213550b5e532d8dd4d546
Size: 56814
Filename: sweeper_2.0.3_mipsel.opk
Description: Sweeper is a package for managing recordings in a variety of ways using custom rules [See forum for details]
Installed-Time: 1403219337

humax# sweeper
-/bin/sh: sweeper: not found
humax#

It has never had a command line. You can write rules directly into the /mod/etc/sweeper.conf file rather than using the GUI if you want and that is available from the webif file editor quick-pick list but that's all.

Ah, O.K., I have a list of options in the WiKi HERE, that I thought I had obtained by entering a command line of sweeper or sweeper --help etc. I guess they came from HERE then, I'll get rid of them

Back