USB flash drive not booting

R7814N

I am trying to install the Modified Firmware for hrd fox t2.
The USB flash drive I am using for the hdr_fox_T2_Upgrade.hdf is formatted to Fat32 and is 1gb. The file manager shows no files on it other than the hdf. I have followed the instructions to install but the T2 does not boot off the USB drive and so the installation does not start. Should there be any other files present on the usb drive that ensures it boots when the T2 is started with it in the usb slot? If not why doesn't it boot off the hdf file?

The USB flash drive I am using for the hdr_fox_T2_Upgrade.hdf is formatted to Fat32 and is 1gb. The file manager shows no files on it other than the hdf. I have followed the instructions to install but the T2 does not boot off the USB drive and so the installation does not start. Should there be any other files present on the usb drive that ensures it boots when the T2 is started with it in the usb slot? If not why doesn't it boot off the hdf file?

Firstly ensure that your windows is not set up to hide known file extensions and that your stick doesn't have .hdf.hdf at the end. No other files should be on the stick.

Most likely an incompatible memory stick. Humax boxes are quite picky about which chip sets work. I use a 8GB stick for all my Humax boxes.

https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/97807/

Hummys are notoriously fussy about USB flash drives as a quick search of the forums will demonstrate. Try a different one. Older/smaller ones seem to be more likely to work. Once you have found one that does, mark it so that you know which one to use next time.
Try switching off at the back panel switch the switch on a gain. The USB stick is the most likely culprit though.

I have followed the instructions to install but the T2 does not boot off the USB drive and so the installation does not start. Should there be any other files present on the usb drive that ensures it boots when the T2 is started with it in the usb slot? If not why doesn't it boot off the hdf file?
For clarity; the Humax doesn't "boot" from the hdf file. It boots using the normal boot loader and then checks if a USB drive is present with the correct file name and then attempts to read the hdf file as data. I agree with the suggestion to try a different USB drive.

Did you just unzip the .zip file and not mess about with the filename?
I assume your odd capitalisation is just sloppiness in transcribing - the file should be called "HDR_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf" and not any other variant.
I would try the front and the back USB sockets, having checked the above, and, as GLT said, make sure you haven't messed about adding another .hdf extension. Windows' file manager is extremely dumbed down with its default settings.
Did you format the stick first?

Back