[webif] Version 1.0.0 Released

I am occasionally getting a warning box from the web interface saying:

The page at [ip address of T2] says:

The rest of the box is empty.

Just been looking at the Chrome CSS problem again.

Running the requests through a Proxy again, the problem happens when a cached copy of the CSS is returned (HTTP status code 304 instead of 200). These 304 cached CSS pages are always zero-length; I guess this means that Chrome doesn't receive the CSS and so can't render it.

To fix this, I'm altering the HTTP headers on all requests so that the Proxy removes the following request header:

Code:
If-Modified-Since

Once this directive is removed from all my browser's requests, the CSS files are always fetched fresh from the webserver, and everything is perfect.

Sadly I don't know enough to assess whether that's useful information to anybody...

I see the two Film4's (LCN15 and LCN791) are causing schedule selections to appear twice in the Web-If >> Schedule, which then gets reported as a conflict. This problem should fix itself when LCN791 becomes FILM4+1 (27th August) so it's only a temporary problem

film4-conflict.png

I am having trouble updating packages on both my HDR's. when I click the 'Update package list' the wheel spins and spins and spins but never completes.

The same occurs on either box. My Internet connection is working fine.

Is the update server down perchance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Works for me:
Code:
humax# opkg update
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /mod/var/opkg/base.
humax# opkg upgrade
Upgrading webif-channelicons on root from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif-channelicons_1.1.3_mipsel
.opk.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/CRo PLUS / JAZZ.p
ng.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/Investigation Dis
covery.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/Xite.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/FIVE.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/Nickelodeon/TeenN
ick.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/TF5300K 10436.png
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/TBC6500.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/V1.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/13th Street.png.
Removing obsolete file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/channels/out/SubLime FM.png.
Configuring webif-channelicons.
humax#

Well, its sorted now. Not really sure what it was as I rebooted everything. Both Hummy's, Cable MODEM, Airport Extreme and Airport Express.

Both Hummy's now updated OK. A bit weird as I could surf the Web, email etc. but just a spinning disc when trying to update packages.

Ho Hum. Electrickery

Well, its sorted now. Not really sure what it was as I rebooted everything. Both Hummy's, Cable MODEM, Airport Extreme and Airport Express.

Both Hummy's now updated OK. A bit weird as I could surf the Web, email etc. but just a spinning disc when trying to update packages.
Blindingly obvious that it's not a "your end" problem, so why did you feel the need to reboot all your kit?

It isn't blindingly obvious to everybody, so they try everything they can before concluding it is not in their control. It is better to try everything than omit something in a mistaken belief that "it couldn't be that". The worst thing you can do in a manual's "fault finding" appendix is tell the user there is nothing they can do in an attempt to resolve a problem, it makes them feel useless and is not good psychology.

I was lead to believe that the server was OK because prpr demonstrated that he had managed to update his box without a hitch. Therefore, as unlikely as it was, I decided to reboot my network.

At the time I thought it was the most appropriate thing to do.

Bottom line is all is OK now.

The End.

Back