[webif] Web interface

They're still separate functions... do you think the second button should do both?

Well even as I posted the question I pondered this. Thinking it through I think it should because I can still update the list, then peruse the upgrade tab if I wanted to be selective about which ones to upgrade. For me at least all I do now and then is when I'm at at home I run a Telnet client on my phone, and type in the update and upgrade commands just to ensure I've got whatever latest versions are out there without being bothered about what they do - I just always want to have the latest versions no matter what. So for me then yes - I think the upgrade all button should do both.

Hmmm that's got me thinking - better still can I request an auto feature for the webif? Something in Settings on the webif to just do this for me - say every 24hours or whenever the machine is next on if last update is more than 24 hours ago? (Or something along those lines...)

Ooh hang on - even better - what about send an upgrade/update task onto the box from the RS interface!! Then I could update it from anywhere (subject to the usual on/off & sync rules of course). I'd better go now before you send me a rolling eyes icon :)

Forgot to mention - the problems I was having previously with the package management seem to have gone away in the recent strip-down.

They're still separate functions... do you think the second button should do both?
It might be a bit over the top but frequently checking for updates in the background and offering to install them would be very cool, Windows Update style. Or even a "always keep me up-to-date" type option which requires no user interaction.

Forgot to mention - the problems I was having previously with the package management seem to have gone away in the recent strip-down.
I made some changes to this screen for better IE support in the last couple of versions. Good to know it's working for you : )

Hi People

I've started getting this error and just the page header when I try accessing the EPG:

Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/rsv.class:238: no such table: pending in procedure 'require' called at file "xepg.jim", line 10 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/setup", line 6 in procedure 'rsv' called at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class", line 25 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/rsv.class", line 238

If I try looking at the schedule, I just get the page header, but no error message.

All the scripts/files etc referred to seem to be present on the Hummy.

Don't know if it's related, but when I try to access the Channel Information I get the error:
Error 500: Internal Server Error CGI program sent malformed HTTP headers: []
Any suggestions? Thanks, Ian.

It sounds like your pending database is somehow corrupt. If you remove the /var/lib/humaxtv/rsvp.db file via FTP or telnet then it should hopefully fix the problem and it will be recreated when you visit the schedule page. Don't remove the very similarly named /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db as that contains your list of recordings.

It sounds like your pending database is somehow corrupt. If you remove the /var/lib/humaxtv/rsvp.db file via FTP or telnet then it should hopefully fix the problem and it will be recreated when you visit the schedule page.
Spot on, thanks. I did get an error concerning rsvp.dp when I registered with the RS, I should have related that to the 'pending' in the webif message.

Media browser request: can we have an addition to the OPT+ button which copies the DLNA URL for the recording, like UPnP Inspector does.

Any idea why the download option doesn't work in IE8?

A few more usability suggestions:

1. In the Media Browser, I would like a list of top-level destinations always available at the top of the screen (in my case, one-click access to My Music, My Photo, My Video, drive2, and usb-drive1). I don't mind that the initial directory defaults to My Video (because that's probably the most useful), but then it's a two-click process to anywhere else ("media", then the next sub-level).

2. The top banner should be a one-click link to the home page, or if not the whole banner then the text "Humax HDR-FOX T2 (humax)". Oh - wait a minute, it is. But the cursor doesn't change to a hand to show you it's a link (IE8).

Any idea why the download option doesn't work in IE8?

I wasn't aware that it didn't... I'll have a look. IE support is half of the work with this thing : (

2. The top banner should be a one-click link to the home page, or if not the whole banner then the text "Humax HDR-FOX T2 (humax)". Oh - wait a minute, it is. But the cursor doesn't change to a hand to show you it's a link (IE8).

I'll fix that so the cursor changes to a hand.

What happens with downloads is the link starts the file download dialogue and (from memory) tries to retrieve the attributes from the Humax, but never completes the initial phase and gets on with the download. All is fine if I use the :9000 details in wget.

Hence I always go back to a command window with wget, and use UPnP inspector to resolve the port 9000 link - and why it would be nice to have the URL available on the media browser.

Feature request:

Is it possible to add a download/upload option for backups on the Schedule Backup/Restore page?

I know it's a rare occurrence but I need to send mine back as the HDD is possibly on the fritz and I'd like to be able to save the backup to my PC, wipe the HDD back to factory settings, get it repaired/replaced, re-apply the mod fw and then restore the schedule.

Hopefully this is an easy thing to do!

(or is it accessible via ftp or telnet?)

Feature request:

Is it possible to add a download/upload option for backups on the Schedule Backup/Restore page?
(or is it accessible via ftp or telnet?)

The backups are accessible via ftp and they are stored in /mod/var/backup. For the rare occasions this is necessary FTP is probably sufficient. I might have to do the same soon as my HDR disk has begun to click loudly when recording... not all the time though.

What happens with downloads is the link starts the file download dialogue and (from memory) tries to retrieve the attributes from the Humax, but never completes the initial phase and gets on with the download. All is fine if I use the :9000 details in wget.

Hence I always go back to a command window with wget, and use UPnP inspector to resolve the port 9000 link - and why it would be nice to have the URL available on the media browser.

Strange - I can't replicate this with IE9 (which is what I have). I know you're using IE8 but I am only testing against firefox, opera, safari, chrome and IE9.

Anyway, here's 0.7.6:
  • Change the mouse pointer to a hand over the top bar (which is a link back to the home page);
  • Show the DLNA URL in the media browser. Click on the name of a recording to see it.

Strange - I can't replicate this with IE9 (which is what I have). I know you're using IE8 but I am only testing against firefox, opera, safari, chrome and IE9.
It might be something to do with my set-up. Anybody else have a problem?

Anyway, here's 0.7.6:
  • Change the mouse pointer to a hand over the top bar (which is a link back to the home page);
  • Show the DLNA URL in the media browser. Click on the name of a recording to see it.
Thank ye.

It might be something to do with my set-up. Anybody else have a problem?
Using FireFox, OPT+ / Download starts the download and works fine.

Using IE8, I get download window showing '0% of file.ts from 192.168.1.85Completed'
And nothing appears to happen from there.

I've tried adding 192.168.1.85 to the trusted sites, etc within IE8..

It's not an issue for me as I use FireFox, just thought I try it though :)

Using IE8, I get download window showing '0% of file.ts from 192.168.1.85Completed'
And nothing appears to happen from there.
That sounds familiar.

I tried IE9 and didn't like it, I tried FF7 and it made a mess of the web sites I use regularly (I might be being harsh in both these cases, I didn't spend time trying to work out the problems). IE8 works for me (most of the time) so it's good enough (most of the time)!

I might give Chrome a whirl some time.

Anyway, here's 0.7.6:

I just updated to 1.12 and upgraded WebIF. The slowest part was waiting for the downloader's non-premium-service wait countdown!

Brilliant, as always, does what it says on the tin. I spotted gawk on the package list. I love AWK!

Back