[webif] Web interface

Fired up the Netbook:

>>> Beginning diagnostic general Running: general *** Directory Structure *** Checking /mod/boot is a symlink : Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv/mod is a directory : Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod is a directory : Pass Checking /mod/boot/2 is a symlink : Pass Checking /mod/boot links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 08:08 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 08:08 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod Checking /mod/boot/2 links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 11:04 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 11:04 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod >>> Ending diagnostic general

I guess that we shall have to wait for af123 to let us know what this is telling us.

Same for me, no idea what it means or even if it's something to worry about!

Code:
Beginning diagnostic general Running: general *** Directory Structure *** Checking /mod/boot is a symlink : Pass
Checking /var/lib/humaxtv/mod is a directory : Pass
Checking /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod is a directory : Pass
Checking /mod/boot/2 is a symlink : Pass
Checking /mod/boot links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 15:08 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 15:08 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod
Checking /mod/boot/2 links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 18:13 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 18:13 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod
Ending diagnostic general

Can you try now? It seems that the version of awk in the busybox package is broken. I didn't notice because my box has the separate gawk package installed which takes precedence. I've rewritten the diagnostic script to use something else so it should work now. Thanks.

Good stuff, thanks. In general it means that your disk layout is correct (there were some problems with earlier firmware versions that came to light with ChrisDaniel's custom portal).

In future, rather than asking people to resort to telnet and run commands on their box to diagnose problems, my plan is to add new diagnostic scripts as necessary, then they can just navigate to that page and type in the diagnostic name. The scripts themselves reside on hummypkg.org.uk which is why I was able to fix the general one without requiring anyone to do a package update.

Regarding the "save last streamed" button, I had reason to do this today and I noticed the file was being copied to the media directory under the name specified, and it took a long time. Wouldn't it be better to move it and then rename it?

Also, when I came back to the PC some time later (and the copy had completed), the info panel on the browser was stuck doing it's spinning ring thing to show it was still busy. I suppose that might have been because the PC was asleep at the the time the "finished" message was sent to the browser?
I have used this function and I think it worked well, all programs seem to have downloaded. On closer scrutiny it seems one has only downloaded 3/5 of the whole program. The one I tried today only downloaded about 3 out of 50 min. How do you ensure that the whole program / file is downloaded?

I've never had a problem - but you do have to let the TV Portal run for as long as it takes to complete the download, it's no good starting iPlayer off and then exiting the portal.

0.8.1-1 adds a logfile viewer under diagnostics and improves a couple of the images on the front page (courtesy of ChrisDaniels)

Looking down the EPG via the web interface, I noticed a few channel icons were missing ; UTV, UTV+1 and BBC Radio Ulster. I created a couple of icons and went to upload them to one of my boxes, however I noticed there was a utv.png file already there. It looks like an upper/lower case issue.
I uploaded my own icons and they appear in the listing now. Obviously it would be handy to have them in the package when rolled out to other boxes.
I didn't check any further, so icons may already be there somewhere?
Happy to upload my icons somewhere if it helps.

Happy to upload my icons somewhere if it helps.
Yes please, I'll drop them into the next version. You can upload files to this forum if that's easiest (Upload a File button at the bottom right) or let me know where they are. Thanks.

Hopefully I have succesfully uploaded the file with 3 icons. Check them out, as I am no expert, but they seem okay in my listings. You do have a UTV icon already in the directory ( the naming was off ), but I had already created my 3, so feel free to use any or all.

Regarding the 'save last streamed' button, this does not seem to appear on my HD box.

If I understand correctly, I have to navigate to a folder in Webif/Browse Media Files and it should be there - and yes, I have used iPlayer in the TV Portal to watch 'the unmissable'.

Where is the stream stored? Can someone elucidate please?

Regarding the 'save last streamed' button, this does not seem to appear on my HD box.

If I understand correctly, I have to navigate to a folder in Webif/Browse Media Files and it should be there - and yes, I have used iPlayer in the TV Portal to watch 'the unmissable'.

Where is the stream stored? Can someone elucidate please?

On the HDR, the file is /mnt/hd3/Streamer_down_file - the code doesn't currently know where to look on the HD model. If you can find out where to look, I can update the webif.

Had a look around my HD box for the stream file, but could not find anything. Did a find / -name in a telnet session. If you have any pointers I will give it another go tomorrow.

Try downloading and installing the lsof package. Lsof tells you ALL of the files that are open, but if you filter on the name of a process, it becomes easier to interpret, try
Code:
lsof | grep humaxtv
to begin with as that will show you all the files in use by the humax process itself, but it may be that the portal runs as another process altogether. To list all of the processes that have files open, try
Code:
lsof | cut -f 1 -d' ' | sort | uniq

You could save the output of various commands when the portal is and isn't running and then use diff to find what has changed between the 2 runs, to help you zero in even further.

Back