[webif] Web interface

webIf will not update because of error:

Code:
>>> opkg upgrade webif
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Upgrading webif on root from 0.8.13-1 to 0.9.0-1...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_0.9.0-1_mipsel.opk.

Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_0.9.0-1_mipsel.opk, wget returned 1.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download webif. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

Any suggestions please?
I had updated opkg as I always do before updating. I have updated again using telnet but still get same error. Two other updates at the same time were successful.

Same problem here.

I successfully upgraded my HDR late last night.
Piecharts fine - Same issues as others regarding - transport control and a few plugin crashes.

I tried to upgrade webif on my HD this morning and same issues as previous posters:
It's not available and i assume it's because the package has disappeared off of the server?

Thanks for the update - It's a great improvement

I upgraded one of my HDR's last night, and have just tried upgrading my other HDR, and am seeing the same errors. It could be a problem with the server so we will have to wait for af123 to have a look.:)

webif 0.9.0-2 is there now - it took a while to debug the intermittent pie chart problem (buffer overrun in jim version 0.73 which I shall be reporting!) It should also fix the missing control icons in the vlc plugin. I'll start another thread for discussing the in-browser playback, can you direct any comments to that? Thanks.

I've also fixed the betaftpd package so that it doesn't cause the web interface to hang whenever you install it.

Have you cleared your web browsers cache? I have just upgraded my other HDR, and had no play buttons until I cleared my browsing history.
Yes! Even looked to see if it would appear in HDRmode.
af123's other thread seems to suggest that it is only available on the HDR. :(

Yes! Even looked to see if it would appear in HDRmode.
af123's other thread seems to suggest that it is only available on the HDR. :(

I've got it working in both HDR and HD boxes - Both required the cache to be cleared.
I use Ccleaner to remove stuff from Firefox

Edit - Also rebooted the HD & HDR boxes afterwards

Cracked it. It only appears when selecting a DEC recording. :rolleyes:
I can't play it on my iPad yet although I have the VLC app installed.
Over to the other thread.

If you copy a file using Webif from the HDR to say a NAS box does the file go direct or via the PC running Webif?
If it goes direct what happens if the Webif link goes down?

The reason I ask is that there is a 100Mbps link between my HDR and NAS box but only an irregular WiFi link to the PC controlling Webif.

I have just upgraded both of my HDR-FOX T2's to webif 0.9.1 and now have a problem with "Browse Media Files" which produces the following error messages

[parent directory]
Runtime Error: browse.jim:264: could not read "The Alan Titchmarsh Show_20120203_1503.thm": No such file or directory in procedure 's_time' called at file "browse.jim", line 276 at file "browse.jim", line 264

[parent directory]
Runtime Error: browse.jim:264: could not read "Emmerdale_20120203_1902.nts": No such file or directory in procedure 's_time' called at file "browse.jim", line 276 at file "browse.jim", line 264

these have only stopped working since the upgrade.

Back