[webif] Web interface

There are presumably some incompatibilities between the Soarview EPG data and the methods derived by examination of the Freeview EPG data. af123 would need to examine the Soarview data, and depending what is causing the problems it may not be possible to fix up without a special Soarview-mode.

I've noticed that since the new HD and Local Muxes turned up, that the Web-If Mux Names seem to have got mixed up, here are my before and after Muxes
Webif-main-chan-info-old.png
Webif-main-chan-info.png

MUXs 33 and 51 are new and should be called COM7/ARQ C and LB (Local)
MUXs 40, 42 and 45 are correct, while MUXs 39, 43 and 46 are incorrect

Here's a patch:
Code:
--- cgi-bin/channel.jim.old
+++ cgi-bin/channel.jim
@@ -64,14 +64,14 @@
                set name [string range $name 1 end]
                if {$lcn >= 800} { incr ehs }
                switch $name {
-                       "BBC ONE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
+                       "BBC THREE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
                        "ITV1" { set mux "PSB2/D3&4" }
                        "ITV" { set mux "PSB2/D3&4" }
                        "BBC ONE HD" { set mux "PSB3/BBC B (HD)" }
                        "ITV3" { set mux "COM4/SDN" }
                        "Dave" { set mux "COM5/ARQ A" }
-                       "Film4" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
-                       "BBC News HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
+                       "Film4+1" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
+                       "BBC NEWS HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
                        "Movies4Men" { set mux "Local" }
                }
        }

Thanks for that, I can't say I fully understand how the three changes above work, but they did the job :-

Webif-main-chan-info.png

EDIT
I have also added (HD) to the COM 7 name to show it's a Hi-Def MUX

Can anyone explain what the significance of the yellow/green background is here?
It's always seemed a bit random to me.

It is supposed to highlight odd/even lines of the table and works when all the lines of the table are expanded out. When compressed it depends upon how many channels are within each mux, which is not ideal.

The expanded lines in each table are at a different indent level to the 'header' lines, so I don't see a problem if the inner lines were to have adjacent same colours with the header lines. Much better to make the unexpanded table look right IMHO.

af123 has changed the line in Web-If 1.0.7-11 to :-
Code:
 "BBC THREE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
So the regional BBC ONE variations won't be a problem

Here's a patch:
Code:
-                      "BBC ONE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
+                      "BBC THREE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
"BBC ONE" here has recently automagically changed to "BBC ONE OXF" (on all the Freeview device I own); is that likely to adversely things?
It is a patch file. Lines prefixed with '-' are deleted, those prefixed with '+' are inserted. If this patch is saved as 'channel.jim.patch' then you should be able to convert the old file into the new file using the command below. However, it won't work because I messed up the cutting and pasting - the tabs have been converted to spaces.
Code:
patch channel.jim channel.jim.patch

One for the suggestion box:

Currently, the items in the mid-section of the folder/directory OPT+ menu are ordered:

Enable Auto-shrink
Enable Recursive Auto-shrink
Enable Auto-dedup
Enable Auto-decrypt
Enable Recursive Auto-decrypt

Could these OPT+ menu items be re-ordered?

Reasoning: Two items beginning 'Enable Auto-de...' would be less easily muddled if not adjacent. (Plus the existing order is not alphabetical :) nor does it reflect the preferred workflow of decrypt first then shrink ;) )

At present with Auto-dedup and Auto-decrypt immediately next to one another, and with Auto-dedup appearing in the list first, I have mis-clicked on dedupe a couple of times when I wanted actually wanted decrypt - a mistake which gives a rather alarming outcome!

My suggestion would be:

Enable Auto-decrypt
Enable Recursive Auto-decrypt
Enable Auto-shrink
Enable Recursive Auto-shrink
Enable Auto-dedup

(re: 'dup' - I can see it's logical that the spelling for an abbreviation of deduplicate be 'dedup', but personally I'd spell it dedupe or even de-dupe ...
(I used to work in an industry where duplicates were always known and written about as 'dupes')
However, matters of 'prononcitation' aside - maybe it would be more user-friendly to make this option read 'Enable Auto-deduplication'? - there is space in the box to do so...)

"...the preferred workflow of decrypt first then shrink" Where was that documented? The current recursive auto decrypt - shrink don't obey it normally. The decrypt only occurs after the recording is available in the DLNA world, and that's often after the shrink pass has done its thing.

On the topic of webif, for me the progress bar displayed when running the crop facility is broken. It displays NAN rather than expected percentage - presumably some arithmetic problem? Or is it just me?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to request additional function in Webif but here goes ...
Would it be difficult to add a Move option onto the "opt+" button on the "Browse media files" panel.

I think it would just make it easier to tidy recordings up from a PC/iPad than doing it via the remote.

Ideally, I would like the facility at both file and folder level.

I don't personally need to move stuff anywhere other than within the humax media repository itself (i.e. Not to USB/external).

Examples of use would be:
Moving zero length (BBC4HD failures) to the auto decrypt folder.
Moving selected recordings and series to a "personal archive" once watched.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to request additional function in Webif but here goes ...
Would it be difficult to add a Move option onto the "opt+" button on the "Browse media files" panel.

There is one already but it's implemented as a cut/copy and paste. You cut individual files or folders to the clipboard either by clicking on the OPT+ button next to them or selecting multiple files using the checkboxes and using the buttons at the bottom, and then navigate to the target folder and use Paste from clipboard, or you can click OPT+ alongside a folder and select Paste to folder IIRC.

Back