What we Know so Far . . .

I'd be very surprised if the ability to record 2 programs and watch a third has been lost on the 2000t as it is pressent on the hdr fox t2. What is different compared to the 9150 is that the unavailable channels are not greyed out so you have to do a bit of trial and error. (Handy to know all the HD channels are on the same mux)

EDIT: I was referring to the EPG, channels are greyed out on the channel list as mentioned below.

With regards to the channel back button - on the hdr fox t2 the channel back button does kind of work but only when the channel info display is visible. So pressing "i" followed by "back" will do what you want. Not sure if the 2000t is the same?

Posted on the move

One simple example is having a "back" button to change channels quickly back to the previous one you were watching (very handy for swapping channels during ad breaks).

Our experience with the HDR-FOX says try pressing the i button so the i-plate is displayed first. The back button works to return to the previous channel while the i-plate is displayed.

Edit: Kev_w /just/ beat me to it : ) (with a ;) to AF below)

I'd be very surprised if the ability to record 2 programs and watch a third has been lost on the 2000t as it is pressent on the hdr fox t2. What is different compared to the 9150 is that the unavailable channels are not greyed out so you have to do a bit of trial and error. (Handy to know all the HD channels are on the same mux)
On the HDR-FOX? Not true, just not on the EPG. Press "OK" to bring up the channel list and currently recording services are indicated along with making unavailable services unselectable.

On the HDR Fox T2 they are greyed out in the channel list that you get by pressing LIST or OK but not on the EPG screen.

Edit: BH /just/ beat me to it : )

I tried it out on the 2000T looking for any differencies. The 2000T also just greys out in the channel LIST but not on the EPG screen.

With regards to the channel back button - on the hdr fox t2 the channel back button does kind of work but only when the channel info display is visible. So pressing "i" followed by "back" will do what you want. Not sure if the 2000t is the same?
It is the same.

Could an owner of a 2000T post the Remote Control's type number, e.g. the HDR-Fox T2 number is RM-F04

I suspect it is an 'I' as humax direct list the similar youview remote as RM-I03U, and the similar freetime as RM-I02S.

On the HDR Fox T2 they are greyed out in the channel list that you get by pressing LIST or OK but not on the EPG screen.

Sorry I did mean the EPG - forgot all about the channel list! (Dont use it). On the older Humax boxes the unavailable channels were greyed out on the EPG too...

Posted on the move

Grahamlthompson on Avforums (HERE) is saying that the UHF pass through feature is going to be fixed in the next firmware upgrade

That links is saying that it should be fixed, not that it will be fixed. Also Grahamlthompson was expressing a hope about the next fix not that it would be fixed in the next firmware upgrade.

Would Graham have said this on a whim? If Humax have designed out UHF pass through in hardware, it's never going to be 'fixed' with any version of firmware. It also says Humax are aware of the problem
BTW
Barry has said this :-
Can't confirm when it will be fixed, but Humax Towers are certainly aware.

Pressing "i" followed by "back" will indeed change back to the prior channel, so thanks for that tip (it may also be in the manual; however I'm buggered if I can see it!).

With regards to recording two channels while watching a third, the manual does say you can record two channels while watching "one" - the emphasis mine, whereas the 9100T clearly states record two channels while watching "another".

However, entry #6 in the post Ezra's linked to above (#233) does seem to indicate this is possible, so I'll have to try harder to get used to the way this new box works.

With regards to recording two channels while watching a third, the manual does say you can record two channels while watching "one" - the emphasis mine, whereas the 9100T clearly states record two channels while watching "another".

It has two tuners, same as HDRFox or 9200 or 9150, so the same rules will have to apply. ie. It can't receive/display/record a channel if it can't get a tuner onto the relevant mux.
How that may be shown, or not, on the display is another matter.

Back