What we Know so Far . . .

Tip: if you replace the "www" in a Dropbox link with "dl", the target file downloads directly instead of having to go through the Dropbox download page. Very handy for making displayable web pages. For other types of file, right-click and select "save target as".

Folks, Homebase are doing 15% off everything this weekend and the HDR2000T can be had for £156.94 delivered!
Use code DISCOUNT15 in checkout. :)

Thanks for that, not sure why the 2000T is here :-

Home > Humax HDR-2000T 500gb Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder

when all their other PVRs are here :-

Home > Heating and Electricals > Audio Video Telephones > Digital Boxes and Services > Digital TV Recorders>

Perhaps Homebase haven't got that many to sell and they don't want too many people finding them?
My money however is on plain old incompetence!

Box differences noted so far:

FOX T2 / 2000T
FLASH: 32MB / 128MB
RAM: 320MB / 512MB
HDMI: 1.3a / 1.4a
Operating Power Consumption: 28W /13W
IPTV support: N/A / MHEG-IC
PSU: Internal / External

All in favour of the 2000T, of course, but if it can't run the CF then its all for naught...
It can only be a matter of time, surely. I know, no guarantees, but I think Humax benefit from CF and the buzz it creates around their hardware. I doubt they would actively spend resources on trying to block CF.

Folks, Homebase are doing 15% off everything this weekend and the HDR2000T can be had for £156.94 delivered!
Use code DISCOUNT15 in checkout. :)

Box differences noted so far:

FOX T2 / 2000T

Operating Power Consumption: 28W /13W

So, if I had bought one from Homebase, and used it 24/7 for 10.5 years, it would have paid for itself!

Got my 2000T 2 days ago. Would have posted sooner, but the conformation e-mails kept not arriving!

I can confirm that dubbing SD material off to a USB drive works fine. I can also confirm that the method described on the wiki (using Foxy) also works for HiDef.

However, dubbing speeds are quite slow - about 1GB every 10 minutes - whether you are using a pen drive or a HDD. Also note that FAT has a file size limit of 4GB, but if you use ext3 to get around this, the Humax sets all the permissions to root/root, making them inaccessible without resetting. You can still play them, but nothing else until you reset things!

Also note that although FTPing into the system with a username of humaxftp and password as set also works, you need to set the port to 21 as well! Took me a while to find this one.....!

The 2000 is replacing my aging 9200, which although it still works, is getting a little temperamental in its old age! Its also nice to have HD.....!

--
Pete
"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a light side and a dark side, and it binds the Universe together!"

My HDR-FOX speed is 12GB of decrypting SD to an external HDD an hour. So 1GB in 10 minutes is half the speed.

Back