What We Know So Far ...

Those screen shots show that the UI is dreadful. I can't believe that the company that produced the HDR Fox T2 could go on to produce such a clunky space wasting UI.
That EPG is perfect...for a tablet.

Has no-one at Humax seen a large-screen TV?

Such a shame. I would have bought one, but not with that UI.

That doesn't mean you really want to watch TV on a tablet, only that you have to. And even then it's not connected to the Humax or running its UI.

I do as I can't squeeze my 55" telly into the cab of my work van.

If you cut a piece of cardboard the size of a 10" tablet screen - say 10" by 6". Sit where you normally watch your big telly and hold the cardboard where it just covers the TV screen. I bet you normally watch from a lot closer. So in fact the tablet gives you a larger picture. I doubt TREV has ever used a premium 10" tablet. Suggest he tries a Galaxy TAB s2 10.5 :)
That doesn't mean you really want to watch TV on a tablet, only that you have to. And even then it's not connected to the Humax or running its UI.

The FVP-4000T can serve live TV and recordings to a mobile device. It has a app for Android or IOS devices. Does that not count as being connected to the Humax ? Did that fact escape what we know so far ?

I regulary watch recordings on my tablet from both a Foxsat-hdr and two HDR-Fox T2's. I also have a el cheapo IP Freeview server connected to my router (£25.00), which means I can watch live TV anywhere within range of my router.

The FVP-4000T can serve live TV and recordings to a mobile device. It has a app for Android or IOS devices. Does that not count as being connected to the Humax ? Did that fact escape what we know so far ?
That had not escaped me, no - my point is that operating through an app on a tablet can have its own interface appropriately styled, and the on-TV-by-HDMI UI does not have to be crippled by tablet restrictions or style fashion!

That had not escaped me, no - my point is that operating through an app on a tablet can have its own interface appropriately styled, and the on-TV-by-HDMI UI does not have to be crippled by tablet restrictions or style fashion!

And what does that have to do with the remark who wants to watch TV on a tablet (you can add other small screen devices). The answer is really obvious, it's a really large number (. Just check the number of downloads of iplayer for ios and android. :eek:

Attempting to defend a post. so clearly ridiculous just makes you look just as daft :)

In 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/iplayer-20m-downloads.html

You and I clearly don't speak the same language, as per previous examples. Go figure.

I think my English is OK.

I was responding to a single post, the text of which is copied and pasted below (spelling error included).

Question

And who the hyeck really wants to watch TV on a tablet?

Answer

In 2013 over 20 million for the BBC app alone, heaven knows how many others downloaded the other apps for other streaming TV apps.

Not for the first time, yet for some reason attempt to try and justify a completely ridiculous argument. Frankly in my opinion rather pathetic. :)

Are you capable of answering a simple question, without totally going off on a tangent ? It seems not.

I made no comment on the FVP-4000T UI, not having one I can't really comment ? Do you have one, or is everything you post a re-hash of other posts or other reviews ? I suspect this is in fact the case, so in the interest of being impartial, generally of little value.

How many in this thread have actually used the box ? I have no issue with posting of facts about the box, but making comments about the look or usage without actually using the box is hardly an opinion anyone else can rely on.

I find the synopses data displayed on a Freetime box is rather too small to read from a normal viewing distance for instance. Others clearly do not.

Last edited:
Oh bollox. And it's not a spelling error, it' a bloody typo.
And finally, it's not TREV it's Trev

Last edited:
grahamlthompson
I made no comment on the FVP-4000T UI, not having one I can't really comment ? Do you have one, or is everything you post a re-hash of other posts or other reviews ? I suspect this is in fact the case, so in the interest of being impartial, generally of little value.

Remind me why you participate in this thread

grahamlthompson

Remind me why you participate in this thread

I post with known and accurate facts as to what it can and can't do. Not a personal opinion as to the UI. There are posts from users who have the box and like it. Two different users who like the box are in fact moderators on other forums. I don't make moronic observations in respect of what others watch TV on. Millions watch TV on mobile devices, I in fact watch the BBC news on my nexus 7 every morning, it's not worth turning on the big screen TV. I can get on with other jobs and take the tablet with me.

This poster seems to like the box.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=80297271&postcount=432

Last edited:
I post with known and accurate facts as to what it can and can't do. Not a personal opinion as to the UI. There are posts from users who have the box and like it. Two different users who like the box are in fact moderators on other forums. I don't make moronic observations in respect of what others watch TV on. Millions watch TV on mobile devices, I in fact watch the BBC news on my nexus 7 every morning, it's not worth turning on the big screen TV. I can get on with other jobs and take the tablet with me.

I think you are the moron, you are misinterpreting some of the previous poster's remarks, and why you think anyone cares about your TV watching habits I don't know. Perhaps you should start your own thread so that this one can be less contentious giving people the choice of listening or not to your copious accurate facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are the moron, you are misinterpreting some of the previous poster's remarks, and why you think anyone cares about your TV watching habits I don't know. Perhaps you should start your own thread so that this one can be less contentious giving people the choice of listening or not to your copious accurate facts.

That's pretty stupid.

Are you an administrator here ? What right have you to say who can and who can't post here ?

Have you actually read this thread ? At a guess there are possibly only 2 or 3 posters who actually have the box.

One enthusiast owner is Brian a moderator on this forum. Have you read his posts and formed your own opinion as to the good and bad points of owning the box ?

It seems not.

I never said any one was a moron, I merely observed a single post was pretty moronic, it added nothing to this thread, merely expressing a point of view that exposed the biased opinion of the poster. His response was pretty moronic as well, seems that the only response he could think of is to resort to bad language, without any sort of reasoned response at all.

Franky not surprised Trev liked the drivel you posted, Birds Of a Feather springs to mind :)

It does have it's moments.

Quite often these days things descend into 'slanging matches'.

Fun to watch folks making a fool of themselves though!

Oh yes, you can flame me too if you wish!

Well- after all the pro's , con's and slaggings, I finally took the plunge and bought one.
Set-up, including connecting to wi-fi was both quick and easy, took about 10 minutes.
After a quick check for a upgrade ( not required on the 1TB model ) and a channel scan, we were away.
Only one minor complaint - no link through aerial lead in the box- othewise, well pleased.

I did'nt tell SWMBO that apps are available for the ipad- should have seen her face when the tv started changing channels 'by itself ' - had to be seen to be believed!

Incidentally, graham, be very careful not to let your nexus overheat. Charging the one i had, after prolonged use, caused the batteries to swell and crack the screen.

Last edited:
Back