Where's my EPG gone?

Watt Tyler

You will know from another recent thread that I installed the CF a few days ago.

Up until now, whenever I've used the web interface on my computer, there have been one or two lines at the top of the screen telling me what is currently being watched and/or recorded. In the last hour or two these have disappeared and, when I click on EPG all I get is a single line dialogue to search the EPG - and even that doesn't work.

The HDR has been on continuously for several hours and hasn't crashed or been re-booted - but these things have suddenly stopped working. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

[I can't re-boot the HDR at the moment because SWMBO is watching something. But I did briefly press the Guide button on the remote control, and the EPG was displayed on the screen ok - it's just that the Web IF can't see it.]

WT

It gets worse!

I decided to do a re-boot after SWMBO had finished watching, to see whether that fixed the problem.

Did it hell! The bl**dy thing decided to do a factory reset all on its own, and I was greeted with a screen asking me what language I wanted - and it had totally forgotten its tuning. and LAN settings, etc.

I've now got it back to some semblance of normality, but it's a bit worrying that this sort of thing can happen. I'm begining to wonder whether the CF is such a good idea!

WT

Nothing to do with the CF. Random occasional wizard restarts are a known "feature", possibly they are triggered by a corrupted database (it would be one way of clearing the problem without a service call, even if it is inconvenient - at least a restore factory defaults operation doesn't wipe existing recorded content). A corrupt EPG table could also explain the inability of the WebIF to interpret it, although clearly the Humax was able to keep going for a while.

Back