Yes, Telnet. If people need assistance with that then they can ask.
Indeed - as you already suggested that I didn't mention it. But while it may correct any underlying problem which caused this one, it probably won't fix it. It may need a force reinstall of either lighttpd or webif as well.
...Telnet will require instruction for the uninitiated (see wiki for general Telnet instructions, then maybe cat the relevant files and copy-paste them from the Telnet terminal).
If the unit is stable unless playing back recordings, in my view the first step should be a fixdisk via the Telnet menu.
Thanks for the heads up.
I should have said that it crashes playing stuff off a USB stick as well, so I think the HDD may be OK. It's 2TB and not that old. I can also access media on a NAT server and play compatible files. When I do a reboot it says Custom FW 3.13.
...here is what has happened that WebIF has gone missing, and the fact is your report indicates a problem with the HDD. It might be cured by a fixdisk, but my hunch is something more serious.
You've been around long enough, did neither of these occur to you?:
Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX...
The disk seems to be fried. I restarted and this time the "Reformat disk" popup didn't appear. The box displayed all channels but had no response to "Media" button and no ftp access. I tried an HTTP connect from the browser and got
"No internal disk found.
To install the full web interface...
Yeah, it makes the post (and thread) almost unreadable. You're pasting HTML into something which runs on BBCode. It's made an attempt at converting, but incomplete. The fix it is to use screenshots (images), or use an external plain text/code editor to adjust the format. You can see the...
...it's sda as the virtual usb drive thing isn't present).
Then to run a disk check
Option 1 - runtime - and from the webif telnet menu select fixdisk [realise this won't check all the HDD as some files / areas are locked but it's better than nothing]
Option 2 - offline - select maintenance...
Which implies you got into Maintenance Mode in the end?
What is?
Hardly "normal" if the ring is blue!
Have you done a power cycle (at the rear switch)?
...wrong.
I then tried it with only telnet menu and either its coincidence or there's a webif function problem but its currently running fixdisk.
Though oddly it is NOT showing a % but just says "hmx_int_stor", the volume label I gave sdb2 on this 2TB disk the other day after formatting it.
Any...
Although fixdisk runs for some time and eventually aborts, I have still managed to read of 1.7TiB of recordings via the VirtualBox and Linux Mint on my Win7 laptop (although I found the bus of the 2-bay powered USB3 caddy to hang many times during copy, necessitating a USB reconnect. I don't...
...create some data structure sized according to the corrupt value, and then "Memory allocation failed". Or this may be a bug in the checker, or fixdisk hasn't properly set up the paging space (aka swapfile).
At this point you have a choice:
1. (disk in) Copy off precious content from the...
I'm not having any success with fixdisk.
The volume remains in read-only state (webif: Filesystem /mnt/hd2 on /dev/sdb2 is read-only).
I've ran fixdisk several times. The VFD shows nt_stor:1x7 (presumed 7.?%) for some time, however telnet gives:
Error storing directory block information...
No need. The CF fixdisk option (from the Maintenance Mode menu) is as non-destructive as they come. Anything you lose will not have been available for copy.
Yes, Telnet. If people need assistance with that then they can ask.
Indeed - as you already suggested that I didn't mention it. But while it may correct any underlying problem which caused this one, it probably won't fix it. It may need a force reinstall of either lighttpd or webif as well.
...Telnet will require instruction for the uninitiated (see wiki for general Telnet instructions, then maybe cat the relevant files and copy-paste them from the Telnet terminal).
If the unit is stable unless playing back recordings, in my view the first step should be a fixdisk via the Telnet menu.
Thanks for the heads up.
I should have said that it crashes playing stuff off a USB stick as well, so I think the HDD may be OK. It's 2TB and not that old. I can also access media on a NAT server and play compatible files. When I do a reboot it says Custom FW 3.13.
...here is what has happened that WebIF has gone missing, and the fact is your report indicates a problem with the HDD. It might be cured by a fixdisk, but my hunch is something more serious.
You've been around long enough, did neither of these occur to you?:
Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX...
The disk seems to be fried. I restarted and this time the "Reformat disk" popup didn't appear. The box displayed all channels but had no response to "Media" button and no ftp access. I tried an HTTP connect from the browser and got
"No internal disk found.
To install the full web interface...
Yeah, it makes the post (and thread) almost unreadable. You're pasting HTML into something which runs on BBCode. It's made an attempt at converting, but incomplete. The fix it is to use screenshots (images), or use an external plain text/code editor to adjust the format. You can see the...
...it's sda as the virtual usb drive thing isn't present).
Then to run a disk check
Option 1 - runtime - and from the webif telnet menu select fixdisk [realise this won't check all the HDD as some files / areas are locked but it's better than nothing]
Option 2 - offline - select maintenance...
Which implies you got into Maintenance Mode in the end?
What is?
Hardly "normal" if the ring is blue!
Have you done a power cycle (at the rear switch)?
...wrong.
I then tried it with only telnet menu and either its coincidence or there's a webif function problem but its currently running fixdisk.
Though oddly it is NOT showing a % but just says "hmx_int_stor", the volume label I gave sdb2 on this 2TB disk the other day after formatting it.
Any...
Although fixdisk runs for some time and eventually aborts, I have still managed to read of 1.7TiB of recordings via the VirtualBox and Linux Mint on my Win7 laptop (although I found the bus of the 2-bay powered USB3 caddy to hang many times during copy, necessitating a USB reconnect. I don't...
...create some data structure sized according to the corrupt value, and then "Memory allocation failed". Or this may be a bug in the checker, or fixdisk hasn't properly set up the paging space (aka swapfile).
At this point you have a choice:
1. (disk in) Copy off precious content from the...
I'm not having any success with fixdisk.
The volume remains in read-only state (webif: Filesystem /mnt/hd2 on /dev/sdb2 is read-only).
I've ran fixdisk several times. The VFD shows nt_stor:1x7 (presumed 7.?%) for some time, however telnet gives:
Error storing directory block information...
No need. The CF fixdisk option (from the Maintenance Mode menu) is as non-destructive as they come. Anything you lose will not have been available for copy.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.