‘Watching Conflict’ warning pop-up

Jez

Not sure if you guys take requests, but no harm in asking I suppose.

Would it be possible to produce a package which either overrides the ‘watching conflict’ warning and switches channel to the scheduled recording channel immediately, or merely automatically confirms ‘Yes’ to the question ‘Continue?’ as soon as the ‘watching conflict’ pop-up appears?

I’ve forgotten the amount of times I’ve left the box on with a programme scheduled for accurate recording on another channel, only to find I’ve lost the first 30sec or so of the recording. Being able to disable the delay introduced by the warning pop-up would be highly useful on the HD-FOX T2.

Jez

We can't influence the basic operation of the HD/HDR-FOX at all, sorry. We have no access to the API, and have not reverse-engineered the Humax code to try to modify it (which would be illegal).

The Custom Firmware / Software does what it does by accessing the open source parts of the firmware (the Linux kernel) to add processes to the timesharing executables, then observing and manipulating the files in the file system. That means doing things with what has been recorded, and manipulating the schedule database (but only at boot time because it gets locked after that).

If you use padding instead of AR you can set more warning.

We have no access to the API, and have not reverse-engineered the Humax code to try to modify it (which would be illegal).

Reverse engineering is legal in Europe.
Source : European High court.
Precedent exists.

(Although the european high court may not exist for much longer if things keep going the way they are...)

We can't influence the basic operation of the HD/HDR-FOX at all, sorry. We have no access to the API, and have not reverse-engineered the Humax code to try to modify it (which would be illegal).

The Custom Firmware / Software does what it does by accessing the open source parts of the firmware (the Linux kernel) to add processes to the timesharing executables, then observing and manipulating the files in the file system. That means doing things with what has been recorded, and manipulating the schedule database (but only at boot time because it gets locked after that).

If you use padding instead of AR you can set more warning.
Ah, I see. I understand what the mod does now... sort of.

I've tended not to use the padding option because the 'HD-FOX T2 (PVR Ready) Frequently Asked Questions' PDF states:

"When Padding Times are set the recordings will not use the broadcasters signalling for the
start and end times (Accurate Recording)."

I've assumed this means that if a programme is rescheduled for any reason the box won't update the start time and the recording could be lost entirely. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Thanks anyway. :)

I have used padding for a long time and rarely had a problem - as long as the schedule change gets updated in the EPG it will still track, it's only late-running live events that mess things up. AR will only track those as long as they are within limits (depending on the scheduled length of the programme about half an hour), and is equally likely to fail because the broadcaster cocks up the AR flags.

If you are keen on archiving, you are more likely to get a clean recording with padding (I use -1+5) than AR, but recording consecutive programmes one is more likely to have the end of one programme shifted into the beginning of the next recording (padding is eliminated for the join between consecutive programmes on the same channel, the switch occurs at EPG time).

Try it, padding might suit you better. Neither is perfect. Having said I used padding, I couldn't get on with AR when I first got my Humax (2 years ago), but have been since my box reset itself on 12th July and have been impressed how much better it works now.

Full details HERE (click).

Back