1.02.07 New Features

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed new features in the Schedule list,

If you highlight a series recording that has more than one episode in the EPG, a line of text appears below the preview window with an "i" in a speech bubble and,
"Press the Right Button for more episodes."

Pressing the Right Button lists the other episodes below the highlighted series recording, and pressing the Left Button removes them.

Also, any old timers for series that have finished, now show date as -- / -- and time as -- : -- ~ -- : --.

In the Media list, there is now a Red dot in White circle symbol between the folder and title to show a recording in progress. Previously, this was inside the folder so you could not see at a glance what was recording.

What other changes have others noticed.

Are unavailable channels greyed out in EPG when multiple recordings are going on??
I don't know about that, as I only have the four HD channels tuned in, and can always view any of these channels as they are on the same mux.

Yes, I've just had a note from them informing me of the release and stating that the release notes will be available soon.

I have the notes from 1.02.02 but things seem to have changed since then, I'm not sure all the features are still in tere. This of course means that those features are still under development and will hopefully be in the next release.

Just noticed that when a trailer is being viewed (you know between programs to advertise up and coming tv shows) a blue box appears near the top of the screen with ‘book me’ in it and a green circle.
If you press the green button information for the program pops up and gives you the option to schedule it to record.

Just noticed that when a trailer is being viewed (you know between programs to advertise up and coming tv shows) a blue box appears near the top of the screen with ‘book me’ in it and a green circle.
If you press the green button information for the program pops up and gives you the option to schedule it to record.

"Book me" feature only seems to work on SD channels. Been watching ITVHD & CH4HD tonight and didn't get any green button popups - as soon as I switched to CH4 SD the pop up was working all the way through advertisments!

Anybody know which channels are currently supported? If it's only SD then it's a bit of a waste, as all those viewing in HD areas will not see them!

"Book me" feature only seems to work on SD channels. Been watching ITVHD & CH4HD tonight and didn't get any green button popups - as soon as I switched to CH4 SD the pop up was working all the way through advertisments!

Anybody know which channels are currently supported? If it's only SD then it's a bit of a waste, as all those viewing in HD areas will not see them!
It definitely works on BBC one HD and CH4 HD and probably BBC HD (I'm not sure about this one), but Not ITV1 HD at the moment.

I see that when you go to delete a programme and press OPT+, Delete is now the first item in the list (previously it was second), this means one less button press to delete.:D

You can now select multiple folders to delete (after emptying the programmes from them of course) this saves time when performing this daily chore.:rolleyes: I would have preferred the option to turn off automatic folder generation, but this is a small improvement.:(

IIRC only BBC and CH4 broadcast the data required for trailer booking to work.
SMS style text entry is now available when entering searches etc.
Deletion of programs is now performed in the background.

Are unavailable channels greyed out in EPG when multiple recordings are going on??
but because of series link and multiple repeats these channels that you'd have greyed out could be available for later repeats so need to be selectable in case this occurs

all sounds good except the portal? cant wait to get home on monday to try it out, glad its on usb too as its debateable wether mine would have picked up ota, she was under strict instructions not to switch it off!!

did someone report that the deletion of future recordings after a rescan had been sorted too?

all sounds good except the portal? cant wait to get home on monday to try it out, glad its on usb too as its debateable wether mine would have picked up ota, she was under strict instructions not to switch it off!!

did someone report that the deletion of future recordings after a rescan had been sorted too?
Except the portal?:confused:
I don't think that the deletion of scheduled recordings after a rescan has been sorted.

I purchased the Humax back in November based on a very misleading CNET review that said we could play content off one box from another. At christmas I purchased a second box to use this feature before realizing that it wasn't possible. After visiting this and the DS forums over the past couple of months I was made aware that this feature wouldn't work until a DNLA server was added, which people said was included in this most recent update. However, I still don't appear to be able to get the two boxes to talk to each other. Was this feature ever available, are the beta testers talking nonesence, or was the feature removed for this release!

CNET have a alot to answer for as they've cost me upwards of £600 for boasting about a feature that doesn't exist! (I'm a little annoyed).

Back