1.02.07 New Features

The media server was removed from the betas due to stability issues early in the 1.02 series. I don't know what the problems were as I never tested the functinality and I can't now be bothered to go back several iterations for something I won't use.

Given that it was in a beta it must have been reasonably complete but as with all software you can find problems that cause a massive rewrite at any time so who knows.

I purchased the Humax back in November based on a very misleading CNET review that said we could play content off one box from another. At christmas I purchased a second box to use this feature before realizing that it wasn't possible. After visiting this and the DS forums over the past couple of months I was made aware that this feature wouldn't work until a DNLA server was added, which people said was included in this most recent update. However, I still don't appear to be able to get the two boxes to talk to each other. Was this feature ever available, are the beta testers talking nonesence, or was the feature removed for this release!

CNET have a alot to answer for as they've cost me upwards of £600 for boasting about a feature that doesn't exist! (I'm a little annoyed).
I was a beta tester and it was not available, am chasing Humax up on this at the moment.
if i hear anything i will let you know as i have two units for the same reasons

I was a beta tester and it was not available, am chasing Humax up on this at the moment.
if i hear anything i will let you know as i have two units for the same reasons

It disappeared in 1.02.03 according to the release notes. I know many beta testers only came onboard at that point so it would depend upon the version you had.

Humax have announced on Facebook that
"The release notes for the HDR-FOX T2 software update are expected to be available online on Monday/Tuesday next week."

It could be that the Topup channels have coincidentally stopped polluting the EPG, but using Find->Genre->Movies produces a nice clean list of just films now. I'm sure that's changed since the update.

In the Media list, there is now a Red dot in White circle symbol between the folder and title to show a recording in progress. Previously, this was inside the folder so you could not see at a glance what was recording..

I noticed something else about this last night. If you are watching the channel that is being recorded, it shows a white 'play' symbol (right pointing arrow) in a red circle instead. Also, if you pause the programme, then continue watching, when the recording stops, it no longer jumps to real-time. It appears that if you happen to be watching the channel that is being recorded then the HDR actually goes into chase-play automatically. Can't be sure, but that seems to be what is happening.

Also, while you are watching a programme pressing the left or right arrow 'cursor key' the time bar pops up. I'm 99% certain that before you had to press Play first to get the time bar up. anyone confirm that?

It could be that the Topup channels have coincidentally stopped polluting the EPG, but using Find->Genre->Movies produces a nice clean list of just films now. I'm sure that's changed since the update.
What was it like before?:confused:

You don't need to empty the folders first :)
Are you being facetious?:rolleyes: I don't like the compulsory folders:( so have to move all of my recordings out of their folders and place them in one long list so that I can work through them in date order.

I would prefer it if there was an option to turn auto generated folders OFF!:)

- FTP Server > Switch this option ON in the Internet Settings menu)
- Username: humaxftp / Password: 0000
- FTP is available for Backup purposes only
- All content transfered
from the product via FTP will be encrypted and you are only able to playback on the product when copied back on, or via USB
So this feature is pretty useless and might as well be removed :-(

So this feature is pretty useless and might as well be removed :-(
Why is it useless?:confused: I have been having a play with it, and transferred some music and videos to my HDR, which was quite quick, and the transferred files played OK on my box.:)

Are you being facetious?:rolleyes: I don't like the compulsory folders:( so have to move all of my recordings out of their folders and place them in one long list so that I can work through them in date order.

I would prefer it if there was an option to turn auto generated folders OFF!:)

No, I wasn't being facetious. I read your post as meaning that you could only delete folders if they were empty.

Why is it useless?:confused: I have been having a play with it, and transferred some music and videos to my HDR, which was quite quick, and the transferred files played OK on my box.:)
Sorry was a bit sarcastic, I currently transfer recordings off and put them on our media server, we or the kids can then watch them on pc's, laptops, ps3 etc. i was looking forward to being able to do this over the network, but i'll have to continue with the usb hard drive :(

What was it like before?:confused:

It used to include all sorts of entries like 'Programmes begin at 06:00' which must presumably have been flagged as a film by the broadcaster, unless it was the duration that caused them to be listed.

I was looking at the beta software site for humax and the release is now marked as official. Does anyone know what this means?
Is it to do with the fact that it will be supported by Humax? I presume it doesn't mean this is the finished article.
I have been using the BBC Iplayer - the streaming is great once it starts in both HD and SD, but the portal itself is so slow it's really unusable - it took me about 5 mins to search and navigate to a 'Night Garden' episode for my daughter - and she is less patient than I am with these things ;-).
Has there been faster offerings to the beta testers, I want to know if it is going to be improved or not? Do we know when YouTube and ITV player are going to be added? And most of all when will the media server functionality be added.
Thanks for any info, for any in the know.

I was looking at the beta software site for humax and the release is now marked as official. Does anyone know what this means?
Is it to do with the fact that it will be supported by Humax? I presume it doesn't mean this is the finished article.

It's just to distinguish the beta versions from the non-beta (ie. formal release) versions. Not sure what you mean by "finished article" - I'm confident this won't be the last software update if that's what you mean (for example - the TV Portal itself is still in Beta).

dickie i dont think you understand how software releases work. Dont worry, not a lot of people do.

By Official it just means Humax has released it to the general public (its no longer classed as a Beta).
Beta versions are test versions of the software that are used by testers while features are still being worked on/problems ironed out.

I very much doubt this version will be the last as there are still bugs present that require fixing such as the slow TV Portal.
The only way to guarentee Humax will fix those bugs though are to pressure Humax to commit to it (if you can get them to talk that is).

I would not hold out much hope for ITV Player in the near future as that is something ITV themselves need to build (in a way that works on the Humax not the same as the normal web version) and then give it to Humax. Same goes for CH4 and CH5.

Youtube should not be far off though. They are in the process of fixing that one i believe.

Back