1.02.27 - recording failures?

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone who has upgraded to the new Humax beta software (1.02.27) experienced any problems with recordings?

My box was set to record two consecutive programmes on C4 HD today - 12:25 and 12:55. The box was in full standby prior and woke up correctly 15 minutes prior to the first recording and recorded it successfully.

(
Start Time Sat Apr 14 12:29:12 2012 BST (Scheduled: Sat Apr 14 12:25:00 2012 BST)
End Time Sat Apr 14 12:55:08 2012 BST (Scheduled: Sat Apr 14 12:55:00 2012 BST)
)

The second one did not begin recording straight away and was still not recording by 13:09. At that point I turned the box fully on using the remote control and straight away it said "START RECORD" (or something similar) on the front panel and started recording.. It stopped at the proper time so I have a 14 minute recording and presumably if I hadn't intervened it would have just completely failed.

(
Start Time Sat Apr 14 13:09:57 2012 BST (Scheduled: Sat Apr 14 12:55:00 2012 BST)
End Time Sat Apr 14 13:24:55 2012 BST (Scheduled: Sat Apr 14 13:25:00 2012 BST)
)

I've never seen this behaviour with 1.02.20 so I'm wondering if it could be a bug introduced in the latest version. I'll see if I can reproduce this later.

That is not unlike AR problems I have experienced. I would put it down to AR and not 1.02.27.

I would, other than it began to record as soon as I brought the unit out of standby, so the AR signal was obviously present in the Now/Next data and had just not been acted upon.

Yes, that used to happen while I was toying with AR. It's the kind of thing which made me give it up as a bad job, and my Weatherview probe still fails every couple of weeks.

I noticed on Friday that my scheduled recording of "The Good Wife" (E4) was blanked as if it was the end of the series. I checked the EPG for Thursday 19/4 but noticed no channel 4 programme was populated in the guide. All other channels were ok.
They are now populated but this specific programme (the only one we have on relating to channel 4) was still blank in the schedule. No problem re-instating it.
It's as though there had been a retune of the channel 4 mux. I have not upgraded to 1.02.27.

Rob

I noticed on Friday that my scheduled recording of "The Good Wife" (E4) was blanked as if it was the end of the series. I checked the EPG for Thursday 19/4 but noticed no channel 4 programme was populated in the guide. All other channels were ok.
They are now populated but this specific programme (the only one we have on relating to channel 4) was still blank in the schedule. No problem re-instating it.
It's as though there had been a retune of the channel 4 mux. I have not upgraded to 1.02.27.

Rob

Rob, I too had an issue with this programme on my Panasonic DVD recorder (easier for me to remove adverts than using the Hummy - also allows me to record up to 4 channels at once!), where it was as you say showing blank for next weeks recording (19th April), however after the EPG populated, instead if it setting the timer to record the 21:00hrs showing, it switched to the early morning repeat on Friday 20th April!:confused:

So perhaps this is to do with More4 EPG issue?

Haven't noticed anything untoward with the Hummy (running 1.02.27 and Custom Firmware Upgrade) yet, as no programme to be recorded until Monday! But If I do I will advise!

Thanks - probably not related to the upgrade then - I'll keep an eye on it.

I have done a number scheduled recordings on my HDR-Fox T2 with 1.02.27 (modified) installed and have had no problems sofar.

"So perhaps this is to do with More4 EPG issue?"

I don't think is was More4 specific as all "4" programmes were blank, which would account for af123's problem. I hope it's a one off as Im away for 10 days from this week.
Rob

Checked the guide this morning as I'm off for 10 days, again I found it not fully populated particularly ch 4 progs plus this time the HD channels.
I have the daily power on/off timer set to 6-6.15am, but on checking these settings the power on setting was set to off, explaining the above.

However, I hadn't altered it. This happened once before some six months ago but I ignored it. Just an anomoly?

Regards
Rob

I appreciate that and will alter but it hasn't proved a problem in the past. Just can't understand why the power on timer was switched off.
Rob

Firmware updates turn off the menu timers, retunes turn off the recording schedule. I use scheduled reminders rather than the menu timers, so at least they get preserved by the schedule backup.

The second one did not begin recording straight away and was still not recording by 13:09. At that point I turned the box fully on using the remote control and straight away it said "START RECORD" (or something similar) on the front panel and started recording.. It stopped at the proper time so I have a 14 minute recording and presumably if I hadn't intervened it would have just completely failed..
The time when my box exhibited this, it was due to receiving signals from 2 transmitters and I lost quite a few recordings. When I would turn it on, it would start recording.

I got that kind of thing even after I had removed the second transmitter.
Core! Semtex? Have the police coming knocking yet?

Was there not even a sign of the 2nd transmitter if you went into the signal strength and listed the known UHF channel numbers?

Ha ha.

We have presumed that by not scanning unwanted muxes the Humax will not be receiving any data from them. I admit that it could be, but it seems unlikely. If it did, it wouldn't be necessary to go through a scan in the first place.

I acknowledge the theory that having EPG data populated from more than one region could create all manner of problems, for example a timer could be set based on data from region A to record a programme from region B (which is going out at a different time or not at all), or the information for Accurate Recording is corrupted by a different programme ID code in region B than was expected by the data from region A. However I don't see how this data could be coming in if the region B multiplexes have been eliminated by not tuning them in in the first place.

However, I agree that my experiences with AR are out of line with the vast majority, and your suggestion does hint at a possible explanation why that might be.

Until I learn of evidence to the contrary I am going to presume that checking the UHF channel number list via the signal strength menu is an acid test that the 2nd transmitter has not left its mark from not just the latest retune but also from previous retunes.

Though with my HD it does normally have 5 muxies from one transmitter and 1 from another (for Film4 and Yesterday). It works OK as powering down is always from a main transmitter channel, andrecordings from the secondary are all manual timers followed by a reminder for a short slot from the main. Its failed on one occasion when I forgot to set the reminder. Fortunately it only failed with 1 recording as the next one was a manual timer for a main channel.
Keep it simple is my motto.

Back