1.02.29 to be OTAd

af123

Administrator
Staff member
At least according to an email I just received from Humax.
Internet radio for all?

HD-FOXT2 version 1.02.29 (Broadcast)
Starting: 19/12/2012 @ 11am
Ending: 21/12/2012 @ 9am

HDR-FOXT2 500GB & 1TB version 1.02.29 (Broadcast)
Starting: 19/12/2012 @ 11am
Ending: 21/12/2012 @ 9am

I'm on 1.02.29 and internet radio is playing up today. I have good consistent download speeds (15.5 Mbps) but couldn't get some of my favourites to play, often getting the 'loading' sign for ages.
When finally the sound came through, I could then scroll down to the next station only, not through several as is the norm, only to be met by a blank screen. After an hour of this I gave up.
Maybe try again tomorrow. Hopefully this is just a glitch, but for me radio is the only useful feature in the Portal.

That will just be a problem at the Humax servers, not with the firmware at your end. Internet Radio also works fine on 1.02.20.

I use iPlayer quite a lot.

I use iPlayer quite a lot.

Sure, so do I, but as I've said in the past, I use Sony Blu-ray player as it has (for me anyway) a slicker interface and navigation is easier.
If the problem with the internet radio is no better tomorrow I'll revert to 1.2.20 as you suggest. I'll be away when the OTA happens anyway and the box will be off.

I'm not saying .20 will cure your problem, it is probably general and I have no reason to expect .20 will work any better than .29 in this regard. I was merely mentioning that although Humax broke Internet Radio at some point in between, it works in .29 and .20.

You can prevent OTA without recourse to custom firmware if you wish, see HERE (click).

Thanks BH, I'm aware of the OTA prevention, but in my case as I'm away for an extended period it won't be necessary. I'll check again tomorrow to see if there's any improvement.

Just tried again, same problem but after deleting a couple of non playing stations on favourites, all now seems to be ok.

Sony Blu-ray player as it has (for me anyway) a slicker interface and navigation is easier.
I have to agree with that. Both Sony TV and BD are a much better interface than the humax for iplayer etc. Oddly I think my BD player has more options than the TV, but I haven't played around properly to check, might just be bad memory/observation.

Hmm, this could be annoying. I spent some time today updating all my stuff at home (TV firmware update and put CW 2.14 and 1.20.29 on my hummy) I also spent some time doing a manual re-tune which to my surprise has really worked well. I believe when we went away last the box did a retune without me knowing about it I remember it did becuase my wife was moaning about something she has series linked that didnt record and I remember checking the schedule with webif, that retune it turned out had really gone to town on the channels. It appeared when I get the channel info website that I am between serveral possible transmitters. Sutton Coldfield, Fenton, Winter Hill and The Wrekin all list as possible transmitters. It would appear I had serveral lists of channels and the weakest one was of course the one that was set as BBC 1 onwards. I did laugh when I said to my wife who was watching I`m a celebrity that picture isnt great is it? Its all choppy and what not I`ll have to check into that, she said `well, the signal is coming live from australia maybe thats it`, Bless her.

Anyways, I did a manual return today and only used Sutton Coldfield as suggested by the website and only loaded them channels onto the Humax, no more channels at 800+ and the picture on all the normal channels is now really good, HD is now watchable were as it wasnt before. I am hoping the OTA of 1.20.29 wont happen on my box now since its already on.

I just started a thread about this HERE, the DTG site says the OTA will be 1.02.28 does anyone know if they are correct, i'm hoping for the 1.02.29

Back