1.03.12 OTAs to resume

No fix for the slow EPG then.
You would have thought that they would have taken the opportunity to fix this during the intervening period ...

I don't know why they are sending this version out again. I never subscribed to the conspiracy theories that got Barry at MyHumax.org all hot and bothered, but I had hoped they would have fixed the EPG bug before the next OTA update. As many people who will be happy that iPlayer radio is fixed will be upset about the EPG lag.

Well, this is annoying.

In my Humax Direct Newsletter, I read that the update
"Resolved BBC Three HD and Four HD recording issues".

I came here to check out any Custom Firmware based on the update and I see it'll slow down the EPG.

It depends what firmware you are currently running, the EPG scroll slowdown is in versions 1.03.06, 1.03.11 and 1.03.12

The thing is, I have had failed recordings on BBC Four HD and was hoping to fix that.

Unless you're saying there's a version that does fix that issue that isn't affected by the EPG scroll slowdown?

It is definitely 1.03.12 coming down the pipe. The kernel details are unchanged. This suggests that it is the same build as before. How boring...:(

I haven't managed to grab it yet.. Linux on my new laptop couldn't see the wireless and I didn't have time to fix it. I'll have a look later but if the kernel details are unchanged then chances are it's the same release as expected.

FYI, here are the kernel details:
Code:
Humax# cat /proc/version                                                       
Linux version 2.6.18-7.1 (jinkh@jinkh-build-server) (gcc version 4.2.0 20070124
(prerelease) - BRCM 11ts-20090508) #1 SMP Fri Feb 7 14:15:02 KST 2014

The file being currently transmitted is, as expected, identical to the last one.

In response to a query about the latest firmware for the HDR-FOX, this formed part of the reply:
Humax Customer Services said:
Unfortunately at the moment we have not released a direct-download of the latest software, but hopefully this should be released in the near future.
So they are going to release a direct download, but 'hopefully, in the near future' could be in a month or a year's time.

I also asked what was going on with respect to firmware downloads over at myhumax.org: here. Barry was speaking in riddles as usual, so I only got a politician's answer. Another well-known poster made an interesting remark later, but I don't know if he has any insider knowledge or not. This made me think that perhaps they are going to use the main site: they already have empty software downloads sections for each product. Also, while Humax timescales are as long as a piece of string, they usually say when asked if they are not planning to do something.

Good news for 2000T owners; in addition to the RF loop-through issue, this box still has the new HD channel recording bug.

I also asked what was going on with respect to firmware downloads over at myhumax.org: here.
Sorry Monty, I hadn't read your conversation with Barry when I made my comment, I can't believe Barry is saying that the Beta site isn't being updated because the releases are not Betas any more, what is more to the point is that Humax have decided not to supply firmware for download any more. It's hard to know whether it is the Humax help desk or Barry that is misleading us, but I suppose that will be resolved if / when a download is made available

Back