1 week old box, couple of issues

gtrance

Hi there,

We recently purchased the hdr-fox t2 about a week ago. It was an "opened box" version from Richer Sounds, still comes with the usual warranty and consumer rights as any unopened model.

Anyway, so far I am mostly pleased, I have updated the firmware to latest and installed the custom firmware as well though only installed the portalxtra 1 package which seems pretty crap really.

Two issues have presented themselves. The first is that yesterday when watching a recording of a film on bbc2 HD, halfway through, the screen went black with the message "the channel is scrambled or not available"

I exited out the recording and back in again but the same message appeared.

The second problem is a few nights ago, before going to bed, I pressed the standby button on the remote but nothing happened. Waited a bit, pressed it again then again and still nothing. The TV was still on and playing as normal. I pressed the standby button on the unit itself and still nothing. I realised the humax was currently recording two programs and wondered if it could not be put in standby when recording so I left it as it was, and went to bed. Next morning, turn the telly on, BBC1 is playing as normal but the remote is completely unresponsive. Try rebooting from the standby button on the front of the humax and it doesn't respond.

I realise it must have froze the night before so turn it off and on by the rear switch on the unit. All works fine again, but one of the two programs being recorded the previous night is not there at all and the other is only partially recorded so the unit obviously locked up the night before and the recordings failed. Though the current live TV channel was still playing fine after it locked up.

Should it be okay to put the unit in standby whilst recording? Is there a known bug if attempting this?

As for my first issue, any ideas?

One other thing to mention, is when first connecting the humax, it didn't need any setup of any description. It appears it was used in richer sounds as the demo model (hence open box) and therefore, been initially setup by them. Should I do factory reset and if so, will this lose the firmware, custom firmware, recordings and scheduled recordings?

Many Thanks

Greg

Two issues have presented themselves. The first is that yesterday when watching a recording of a film on bbc2 HD, halfway through, the screen went black with the message "the channel is scrambled or not available"
We see something like this very infrequently (once or twice a year); it usually requires a power cycle to restore normal functionality. It is a bit worrying that you have seen it so soon.
Should it be okay to put the unit in standby whilst recording?
Yes
Is there a known bug if attempting this?
Definitely not.
Should I do factory reset and if so, will this lose the firmware, custom firmware, recordings and scheduled recordings?
A factory reset will delete the schedule of recordings, the box will need to retune itself and any other settings that have been changed will revert to the defaults. Firmware and recordings will not be affected. What software version is the box running?

My concern would be that you have got a rogue box; if you continue to see these problems take it back for exchange.

Anyway, so far I am mostly pleased, I have updated the firmware to latest and installed the custom firmware as well though only installed the portalxtra 1 package which seems pretty crap really.
The custom portal is only really useful for access to the Sky Player app, but that doesn't work now due to reasons beyond our control. It does however provide access to iPlayer etc quicker than using the standard TV Portal.

Back