1100S: transferring recordings to a new/backup drive

digitl

Humax have suggested that I reformat the drive in my 1100S but it holds quite a few recordings.

Checking old posts on here, it appears that recordings cannot be copied off the old drive to be stored on another for transfer back after the format. Is that still the case?

Checking old posts on here, it appears that recordings cannot be copied off the old drive to be stored on another for transfer back after the format. Is that still the case?
I think it can be done by taking the drive out and mounting it on a PC running Linux; I don't think there is any other way.

A Live Linux boot DVD is a very useful tool in any IT toolbox. Apart from anything else, it bypasses Windows' blindness to file systems not of Microsoft's invention. You might even be able to fix the file system rather than recreating it.

Problems with a PC running Windows? Boot Linux and examine the Windows installation with the assurance that any malware hiding itself when Windows is running can't hide from Linux (especially when clean-booted from read-only media).

This is an old thread, but since you ask: the discussion was about temporary safe-keeping of the files while the disk was formatted. The files would be returned thereafter, so it matters not a jot what they are.

Back