1800T doesn't record on standby

j walker

Bought the 1800T to replace an old Humax PVR which I'd used successfully for seven or eight years. The 1800T replacement refuses to record when on standby (which is when most of my recordings are set for). Also is it right that there is no display on the front of box (ie time, channel etc) other than the red / blue light?

Bought the 1800T to replace an old Humax PVR which I'd used successfully for seven or eight years. The 1800T replacement refuses to record when on standby (which is when most of my recordings are set for).
Take it back, it must be broken.

Also is it right that there is no display on the front of box (ie time, channel etc) other than the red / blue light?
Yes. That's one of the cost-cutting measures.

Take it back, it must be broken.
There does seem to be a known software problem that only affects the 1800T and causes failure to record in standby. I think Barry over on MyHumax is saying that Humax have fixed the problem and he hopes to be able to say when the update will be made available in the near future. My advice to J Walker is to register at MyHumax.org and report the problem there.

I think Barry over on MyHumax is saying that Humax have fixed the problem and he hopes to be able to say when the update will be made available in the near future.
I wonder what the value of "near" will actually turn out to be this time?
Did you take a screen shot of his claim? Otherwise he'll deny it further down the line... when it doesn't happen.

Interesting one. The HDR-2000T has annoying defects, e.g. no RF loopthrough, but the HDR-1800T not recording from standby is a catastrophic fault. Who would buy this PVR knowing about such an issue? They really will have to fix this quickly.

Back