1TB box reboots when tuned to Viva or The Hits channels

tikirhino

Hi,

Great website and forums, very informative, however...

I have just bought a 1TB T2 and have the following issue. This is the second box that has this issue, the first being replaced by Amazon.

When I tune into either Viva (channel 18) or The Hits (channel 21) the Humax does a hard reboot.

The box is new, running on a7.34 bootloader with the latest firmware (1.03.06 I think). I was automatically tuned to Crystal Palace, but have also tried manually tuning. I have done a full system reset and hard drive reformat, no difference. Signal levels are all at about 88% and quality is at 100% on all channels, including the ones above.

Has anyone else experienced this or similar? I cannot see anything similar in the forum after searching. Should I send this box back too and change for a 500GB unit?

Thanks for your help.

First off, the model of HDD will have no relevance to this problem, and please confirm your firmware revision (Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information >> Software Version).

I don't have Viva or The Hits in my tuning set (deliberately deleted), but if they are IPTV channels there is a known issue that the attempted data access via the Internet does indeed crash the unit.

First off, the model of HDD will have no relevance to this problem, and please confirm your firmware revision (Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information >> Software Version).

I don't have Viva or The Hits in my tuning set (deliberately deleted), but if they are IPTV channels there is a known issue that the attempted data access via the Internet does indeed crash the unit.

Hi Black Hole,

Details, as stated above, are:

Model Name: HDR-FOX T2
Software Version: FHTCP 1.03.06
Loader Version: a7.34
Update Date: 06 March 2013
MICOM Version: 12.1

I have the Internet settings configured with a static IP address, but do not have a cable connected. As far as I am aware, these two channels are just standard freeview channels, not sure what IPTV is! They have been around for years and I have no issues watching them on my Toppy.

Cheers,

Tikirhino

I just checked and VIVA is listed on LCN 21, it plays fine for me (1.02.32). LCN 18 is 4Music and is listed as having IPTV content via red button (which might explain the issue). The only thing I can find listed as The Hits is a radio feed on LCN 711. LCN 24 is ITV4 which should be fine. If you are picking up VIVA on 18 instead of 21, there is something odd going on.

IPTV is an innovation where the TV channel data is supplemented by data accessed from the Internet. Unfortunately the standards shifted and the Humax is not compatible with them, and it tends to crash. Our recommendation is to delete IPTV channels.

When I tune into either Viva (channel 18) or The Hits (channel 21) the Humax does a hard reboot.

The box is new, running on a7.34 bootloader with the latest firmware (1.03.06 I think).
There are relatively few boxes running 1.03.06 at the moment as it has not been generally released and is only available on new or reconditioned boxes supplied by Humax. I would suggesting phoning Humax support and discussing the problem with them. two boxes showing the same behaviour sounds like it might be a bug to me. No point in going to a 500MB box as only the hard drive which is unlikely to be implicated is different.

I just checked and VIVA is listed on LCN 21, it plays fine for me (1.02.32). LCN 18 is 4Music and is listed as having IPTV content via red button (which might explain the issue). The only thing I can find listed as The Hits is a radio feed on LCN 711. LCN 24 is ITV4 which should be fine. If you are picking up VIVA on 18 instead of 21, there is something odd going on.

IPTV is an innovation where the TV channel data is supplemented by data accessed from the Internet. Unfortunately the standards shifted and the Humax is not compatible with them, and it tends to crash. Our recommendation is to delete IPTV channels.

Ah, all makes sense now. See, what happened is that the world moved on, but my brain didn't. This is what I said in my head, which got a bit screwed up when I typed it out...

LCN 18 - 4Music
LCN 21 - Viva

Sorry, used to work for Channel 4 and we referred to 4Music as The Hits before it was rebranded.

I guess I will just have to watch them on the other box. As a matter of interest, where did you go to get teh info that the Humax is not compatible, just curious. And lastly, is there a way to mark your response as the answer, or give a thumbs up?

Thanks very much for your fast and helpful replies !

There are relatively few boxes running 1.03.06 at the moment as it has not been generally released and is only available on new or reconditioned boxes supplied by Humax. I would suggesting phoning Humax support and discussing the problem with them. two boxes showing the same behaviour sounds like it might be a bug to me. No point in going to a 500MB box as only the hard drive which is unlikely to be implicated is different.

Hi Martin,

Both boxes came direct from Amazon UK, not Humax. Maybe this firmware version is on general release now. Black Hole seems to have answered my query though, thanks for posting.

As a matter of interest, where did you go to get teh info that the Humax is not compatible, just curious. And lastly, is there a way to mark your response as the answer, or give a thumbs up?

As BH says the Humax does not work on IPTV channels, there is a list HERE that shows the different 'Types' of content. Some (but not all) make the Humax reboot, but as non of them work with the Humax, it is best to avoid them all.
NOTE:- Although LCN 18 4Music is listed as type = TV which is O.K. there is a comment of 'Kerrang/Kiss/Magic on red button (IPTV)'

Also there are two links at the bottom right of each post, 'Reply' will copy the entire post into the top of a reply box with space for you to add your comment. 'Like' will flag a post with a 'thumbs up' type of thing

I see no reason VIVA shouldn't be OK though. Can you confirm this reboot behaviour on LCN 21? Anybody else with 1.03.06 confirm?

Back