2 boxes, 1 network, DLNA issue

bugrain

After hints on how to investigate why my 2 HDR boxes can't see each other in the network view, I.e. via DLNA. This used to be fine, not sure when it stopped working though. All other devices on the network can see both boxes - TV, phones, computer, tablet - hard wired and WiFi. CF is 2.17, will upgrade over the weekend, but in the meantime it's over to you guys...

Fair enough. CF won't be involved, although you can use the CF and foxlink or network-shares-automount to make the content available on each machine as if it were local (decrypted content only),

I would try resetting the DLNA databases through the webif diagnostics screen. There might be some corruption that's tolerated by the other devices.

Update for future readers who might have similar issue - so far, I think it is some sort of LAN issue I'm yet to determine!

Reset DLNA database did nothing, so I started to experiment.

LAN setup (bear with me :) ) is a BT Openreach modem in to a Technicolor router. Connected to the router is a home plug powerline, Netgear router/modem configured as a switch and a smart TV. Humax 1 & 2 both connected to powerline part of the network - 1 is in a socket where router/TV is, 2 is upstairs at the "other end" of the powerline.

With this setup, Humax boxes can not see each other.

I swapped Humax 1 and TV so that TV is connected to powerline and Humax 1 to the Technicolor router and now the Humax boxes can see each other, but the TV can not see Humax 2 (upstairs).

Add to this that both routers and the powerline have separate WiFi networks and, depending on which I connect to depends on which Humax boxes I can see.

If I find anything more specific will post back.

We have heard of particular routers blocking DLNA traffic (or maybe not being configured to pass DLNA traffic by default).

OK, but I also have a Synology Diskstation with DLNA on the LAN and that can be seen everywhere (it comes through the old router/switch in to the new Technicolour router too).

The search continues.... :)

Back