2 little questions from a newbie

timmy_toad

hi all, i continue to be amazed with the new found access i now have to my Humax hdr-fox t2 Recorder. With a lot of help i have now got the Customised Firmware going very well.

When i Save the Streamed file i get a message suggesting i can see more information about the file if i had the package "ffmpeg" !, this package isn't in the list of Available packages, so please where can i get it from ?.

I have installed the package called Webif-iphone, which is for giving a more iPhone optimised view of the Humax Contol Panel, i visit the relevant IP address on my iPhone, but the web site looks exactly the same as on my lap top !, what am i doing wrong please, if anything ?

If i can squeeze in one more question please, the IP address of my Humax has changed since yesterday, is that normal ?.

PS. My own personal website can detect when it is visited by an iPhone (so to speak) and it then displays completely different pages, compared to the more normal Computer version !.

tim

Try going to Settings on the Webif and in Advanced Settings set Show development and advanced packages to ON. You should then see ffmpeg under the available tab.

Sigh...

When i Save the Streamed file i get a message suggesting i can see more information about the file if i had the package "ffmpeg" !, this package isn't in the list of Available packages, so please where can i get it from ?.

As above - set "Show development and advanced packages?" to "ON" in the settings section of the WebIF (I think - I can't easily check because I have ffmpeg installed and therefore I see ffmpeg listed under "installed" not "available").

I have installed the package called Webif-iphone, which is for giving a more iPhone optimised view of the Humax Contol Panel, i visit the relevant IP address on my iPhone, but the web site looks exactly the same as on my lap top !, what am i doing wrong please, if anything ?

You have to access a modified URL: http://<Humax IP address>/iphone

Details HERE (click)

Screenshots in the Wiki HERE (click)

If i can squeeze in one more question please, the IP address of my Humax has changed since yesterday, is that normal ?.

If you have DHCP set in the Internet Settings, it will request a new IP address from your router each time it boots. Normally the router will hand out the same address each time, but not necessarily. You can assign a fixed IP address manually in the Humax Internet Settings, but that can lead to conflicts if you are not careful. I prefer to configure the router to assign a reserved IP address each time the Humax (identified by its MAC address, unique to every item of equipment worldwide) requests a DHCP.

PS. My own personal website can detect when it is visited by an iPhone (so to speak) and it then displays completely different pages, compared to the more normal Computer version !.

I might ask you how you do that some time.

Wow, thanks "1492" ?, that was spot on, I wonder if i dare ask !, what does all that info mean ?, perhaps i don't really NEED to know eh, thanks

tim

@Ezra. Are the notes for BootHDR still correct? I installed from the available list in Webif.

Back