2000T. Can you use alternative soundtrack?

Andysat

I have the 2000T. I have a mkv file with dual soundtrack with English second. I can't find out how to play the English soundtrack. Is there a way?

If you mean HDR-2000T, this is the wrong forum section. Maybe you mean DTR-T2000.

(topic now moved to the appropriate place)

Last edited:
The most reliable solution is to remultiplex the file to select the desired soundtrack as the only audio stream in the file.

On the HDR-FOX handset, there is an audio select button (which may or may not work on MKV media file playback). Its icon looks like a loudspeaker symbol with a question mark next to it - does the HDR-2000T have the same?

That icon is not on the HDR2000T. I think the AD icon is similar, but that does not change the soundtrack. I know some players will do it, but it looks like the HDR2000T doesn't, unless anyone knows different.

The most reliable solution is to remultiplex the file to select the desired soundtrack as the only audio stream in the file.

On the HDR-FOX handset, there is an audio select button (which may or may not work on MKV media file playback). Its icon looks like a loudspeaker symbol with a question mark next to it - does the HDR-2000T have the same?

Only works on broadcast live and native broadcast recordings. Streamed or USB playback no way to select alternate soundtrack. For instance HD recordings streamed from a Foxsat-HDR play back the Audio Described track. A custom firmware package is available for the Foxsat that remuxes the audio so that the primary ac3 (2.0 or 5.1) is selected when streaming to HDR-Fox-T2.

I imagine the 1800/2000T will be similar.

I don't have an HDR-2000T, but as it is similar to the HDR-FOX T2, I don't think you can access the second audio track of an mkv file. With native recordings (m2ts, with a ts file extension) that have sidecar files (hmt and nts) it is possible to access the audio description track; without the sidecars it is not. I have also converted a recording with English, German and Italian soundtracks to m2ts format and created the sidecar files using the sidecar package on the HDR-FOX: it is possible to select which soundtrack you want using the audio button on the remote control, but this does not work with other file types, or if the sidecar files are not present.
If you have access to ffmpeg it is easy to remux the mkv file and make the English stream the first audio stream, from the command line. If not, I think you can do the same with Handbrake on a Windows PC.

I can't even create an mkv file with two audio tracks, so I can't give it a try...sorry!

Easiest solution using a PC is TSmuxerGUI. Open the file, deselect the unwanted audio and remux with only the desired audio. Process is very fast as no re-coding required.

Back