2000T Transfer to PC.. SD Encrypted.

beadie

I have FTP'd recordings from my 2000T to PC but cannot play. Humax support say that SD is not encrypted and only HD is but what I read on forums is that HD and SD are encrypted?. My concern is that I have moved a lot of recordings off the 2000T to my PC due to space issues and if the 2000T ever gives up the ghost and I cannot view I am assuming I have lost all the recordings on the PC and also on the Box. Is there any way to view the SD content without have to copy to USB as this is not an option due to the amount of data involved and the time it would take to copy to USB. Tried viewing on PC via VLC and other players but get a blank screen.

Humax support say that SD is not encrypted and only HD is but what I read on forums is that HD and SD are encrypted?.
Oh dear it is very disappointing that Humax support gave you information which you have demonstrated for yourself is incorrect.
Is there any way to view the SD content without have to copy to USB as this is not an option due to the amount of data involved and the time it would take to copy to USB. Tried viewing on PC via VLC and other players but get a blank screen.
The only other way to decrypt the content is via the DLNA client. I seem to recollect that EEPhil has some code to do this.

All Humax recordings on the 2000T are encrypted. First, can I suggest you read Things Every HD-FOX T2/HDR-FOX T2 Owner Should Know as the majority of the information there applies to 2000T as well - especially point 5 - encrypted recordings.
You say you've ftpd the recordings to your PC. All is not lost, but you will have to transfer files around to sort the problem out. At this stage you have not lost the recordings. There is just no way to view the content on any computer in the way you have transferred it. Which files have you transferred? .ts only or .ts, .nts and .hmt? If the ts/nts/hmt then the solution is easier. Your easiest - but time consuming - solution would be to copy some of the files (a.ts, a.nts, a.hmt - where "a" is of the form "The Long Arm_20181110_1723") from the PC to a USB device. Disconnect and insert into Humax and use the Humax move/copy command to move the files from the USB device to the Humax hard drive. This should decrypt StdDef files. You could then re ftp them back to the PC and they should be watchable.
Alternatively, you could ftp the files back to the Humax and then save to USB (connected to Humax) or decrypt the content using the DLNA method.

If you only have the .ts file, things are going to be difficult. You need valid .nts (maybe) and .hmt (certainly!) files for the previous method to work. I think the following will work. You could copy an existing [still encrypted] StdDef .hmt/.nts file to your PC, rename them to match a .ts file on your PC that you wish to decrypt and use the set of files as above. I would need to check this to be sure - and can't at the moment. If it doesn't work, you may need to patch the .hmt file. :eek: Oops. It's not that easy!

Last edited:
The only other way to decrypt the content is via the DLNA client. I seem to recollect that EEPhil has some code to do this.
Er, no. Well sort of. I do have something that could do that job - but it has never been released because of lack of interest! I don't think the code is adequately debugged for public use - nor have I written documentation for it.
In the public domain there are some programs that might help see Browsing and downloading files on Windows XP computer.

Back