320GB HDR-FOX-T2

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding the HDD, many units were supplied with a 320GB or 500GB drive
Are you sure that the HDR-FOX T2 was ever supplied with a 320GB HDD? I certainly don't remember reading about it.
Remove two self-tapping screws that secure the USB interface board and earth strap (left hand end in the photo above
Just for the record, the Revised Hardware version of the HDR-FOX T2, does not have an earth strap, and consequently has one less screw than the original version.

Thanks, I've never seen the RE version.

Re 320GB: yes, I am sure, and a google for "humax hdr-fox t2 320gb" turns up results (not many, but...). You could have done the same.

Re 320GB: yes, I am sure, and a google for "humax hdr-fox t2 320gb" turns up results (not many, but...). You could have done the same.
I had previously searched to no avail, but based on your comment, I have searched again using the same search phrase that you mention, and after searching through all ten pages of results, I have still not found any references to a HDR-FOX T2 supplied with 320GB HDD.

The clue is to put the search term in speech marks. I definitely recall 320GB units retail, but purchased 500GB. I'm all for accuracy, but frankly after putting that much effort into a post I'm disappointed by this degree of nit-picking based on just a hunch.

IMG_2196.PNG

It wouldn't be the first time that a reseller or even Humax themselves have got it wrong. Actually, thinking about it, Humax are most likely.
It's largely irrelevant though!

Following on from the comment about the earth strap, I've noticed a variation in how the SATA cable is routed and secured (or not) to the drive caddy. There's a slot in the plastic at the top that I've seen the cable pushed into (looks designed for it) and I've also seen a wire wrap held on one of the caddy screws. I don't know if methods evolved or if they were just built at different places.

OK, I take it all back - I had a look at the Humax web site on Wayback Machine from 2011 and it only mentions a 500GB HDR-FOX. Maybe I've been confused by the Goodmans - at the time I was looking at Freeview PVRs there may have been a 320GB Goodmans. However, in my defence I did do a google to check such things exosted and came up with the result mentioned before.

:oops:

Back