3D Printing / CAD

I've installed it, and ZEN now has a front accessible external HDD power tap-off. Perfick!
First use in anger: transfer from a HDR-FOX HDD to a USB3 portable drive, achieving about 3GB/min (385GB took almost exactly 2 hours).

Last edited:
As an update on this, I wanted to build some parts for a recent project and decided to buy myself a printer on the cheap instead of sending out: a nearly-new Tina2, which cost me the best part of £100 by the time I replaced the inductive proximity sensor it uses to calibrate the Z axis offsets (it failed after a few initial successful trials of the printer – just bad luck I suppose).

The build volume is only about a 4" cube, and it is only really suitable for PLA (no heaters), but the combination of FreeCAD + Cura (slicer) + Tina2 is great fun!

As an update on this, I wanted to build some parts for a recent project and decided to buy myself a printer on the cheap instead of sending out: a nearly-new Tina2, which cost me the best part of £100 by the time I replaced the inductive proximity sensor it uses to calibrate the Z axis offsets (it failed after a few initial successful trials of the printer – just bad luck I suppose).

The build volume is only about a 4" cube, and it is only really suitable for PLA (no heaters), but the combination of FreeCAD + Cura (slicer) + Tina2 is great fun!

Where did you get that from? It is one of the things I do want to have a go at, and this sounds like it might be a good learning tool without laying out a lot of money.

Back