3rd time my Hdr-Fox T2 has started from scratch.

Andybrody

Hi all
havent been here for quite a while as my HDRfoxT2 has been behaving its self for months.
In the last 2 weeks though it has started to (3 times now) when coming out of standby has gone into the first install set up, had to got through set English and sceren type then a full auto scan to get channels back, after this if it is put into stanby again the scedule and channel order is reinstated as before.
Any ideas what may be going on, I cannot interigate the box at the moment as our dog has chewed through my network cable so I cant get into it.
Cheers for looking
Andy

Last edited:
This is what we call a random factory reset event (the same effect as selecting "restore factory defaults" from the menus). The CF is restoring schedule etc on next reboot because you have the auto-schedule-restore package installed.

Last edited:
This is what we call a random factory reset event (the same effect as selecting "restore factory defaults" from the menus. The CF is restoring schedule etc on next reboot because you have the auto-schedule-restore package installed.
Any ideas why this Random Factory Reset Event has sudenly started happening is the fox T2 dying a slow death.

Any ideas why this Random Factory Reset Event has sudenly started happening is the fox T2 dying a slow death.
It does not necessarily mean that it is on the way out. Next time it happens, do a factory reset (without formatting the disk) before setting it up again. When I had this problem I was also having problems with the Wi-Fi connection and I think that the settings had got corrupted. Although you get the 'wizard' the unit may not have done a clean factory reset.
Edit: link to related thread here.

Last edited:
The clue is in the "Random" part - it is unexplained at present.
The resets are sometimes grouped like yours. A few months ago one of our two units did it, the next day the other one did it, and about a week later the first one did it again. Then nothing since (touch wood).

It does not necessarily mean that it is on the way out. Next time it happens, do a factory reset (without formatting the disk) before setting it up again. When I had this problem I was also having problems with the Wi-Fi connection and I think that the settings had got corrupted. Although you get the 'wizard' the unit may not have done a clean factory reset.
Edit: link to related thread here.
The clue is in the "Random" part - it is unexplained at present.
The resets are sometimes grouped like yours. A few months ago one of our two units did it, the next day the other one did it, and about a week later the first one did it again. Then nothing since (touch wood).
Thanks for advice do a factory reset tomorow

Will a factory reset mean that I have to reistall custom firmware and packages again if so Ill have to wait untill my network is fully functional again.

Back