4000T scheduled recordings timings wrong

A Humax beta tester is going to set up some tests and if they can reproduce your findings the problem will be passed to Humax through the correct channels. In my view there should be no interaction between the ability to set remote recordings and Accurate Recording performance.
Thanks Martin as in the end, I did not have to contact Humax Support but thought posting here would be appropriate. All Software is up-to-date.

The Humax beta tester can't so far reproduce your finding. Could you try turning on remote recording again and give some examples of programs (channel, time and date) that do not start at the correct time.
Thanks for the efforts Martin plus the Beta Tester. I have turned on Remote Recording again and done a power cycle. I will report back as soon as I have definitive information.

Ok, here are three of the soaps' schedules

Chan5 13.45 - 14.15 Neighbours
5Star 18.30- 19.00 Home and Away
ITV 19.00 - 19.30 Emmerdale

So we just checked Eggheads (BBC2 18.00 - 18.30) and that has the April 4 / April 5 transition

So April 5 (and NOT the January software update) is the key I guess, but cannot imagine what to deduce from that.

Recordings these from Crystal Palace on a Youview with the very latest public youview software and Humax's software to integrate with the PVR chip/hardware, and also recording them from Sudbury on a Vestel (with Vestel software that for some reason they've included some d-book 8 features), both recorders showed obvious use of Accurate Recording on all 9 programmes for the 4 series that were broadcast Thursday to Friday.

I.e. It certainly is not looking like a broadcasters issue.

LCN 5, Channel 5, Neighbours, Schedule times: 13:45-14:15 weekdays
LCN 2, BBC 2, Eggheads, Schedule times: 18:00-18:30 weekdays
LCN 32, 5Star, Home and Away, Schedule times: 18:30-19:00 weekdays
LCN 3, ITV, Emmerdale, Schedule times: 19:00-19:30 weekdays and 20:00-20:30 Thursday

My thoughts are that if it were due to EPGs and TV companies then millions of people would be reporting the issue, so now I think for sure it's a Humax problem and must surely be due to the latest update.
Have you switched your FVP-4000T off totally from the mains and then restarted it?
If that didn't work have you actioned a Factory Default? Though for that you'll need to set it all up again including your schedule.

Thank you; look forward to getting your report.
Martin - I have still got some more test to do but surprisingly, things seem to work OK and recordings with 2 exceptions on CBS Action have followed the programme transmitted data. I suspect programme data was not transmitted in these cases.

So far, the only thing I can put the anomaly down to is, in the first few hours of operation, I had 2 crashes which had to be recovered by power cycles; some menus went missing and others were extremely faint. This hasn't occurred again for over a week so I will wait and see.

Thanks again for your and the Beta Tester actions and I will report back if there are further developments.

Martin - I have still got some more test to do but surprisingly, things seem to work OK and recordings with 2 exceptions on CBS Action have followed the programme transmitted data. I suspect programme data was not transmitted in these cases.
Thanks for the update report. Pleased to hear that things are now working as they should. Your original report was interesting and didn't sound completely implausible so was well worth investigating.

So this thread has been "diverted" but I'm not precious, glad DaveCheltenham's problems appear solved.

I'm left with mine (lead post). I decided it was NOT due to the January software update as such. I originally added padding but was unhappy that that might cause additional problem - one solved, another surfaces. I decided it was unlikely to be Freeview or the broadcasters.

So I removed padding; I believe the problem may well be caused by the "new" feature which allows one to retain schedules.

Have you switched your FVP-4000T off totally from the mains and then restarted it?
If that didn't work have you actioned a Factory Default? Though for that you'll need to set it all up again including your schedule.

So I decided to do what Luke siggested and do a complete power cycle, switched off and remove plug from the mains socket, had a cup of coffee and then powered back on. The next scheduled recordings that evening (those I'd previously reported that were troublesome, went without a glitch :):)

In the London area we are advised to re-tune (yet again) tomorrow the 18th. I shall again retain the schedules but do an immediate power cycle and look forward to seeing if this avoids the problems.

It's time consuming doing proper tests, in a sequence over a period (I used to work in an electronic R&D environment and tests were always exhaustive, you cannot rush. As often, and in this case, it would be easy for someone to say "you should have done a power cycle immediately and you'd have had no problems" but it's never as easy getting to what might seem an obvious conclusion - good old hindsight :)

Hopefully I can report back in a few days positively.

Last edited:
Re-tuned with smart option (to retain schedules), powered off (with mains plug removed). No padding. All works as it should with the late start problem no longer evident.

Thanks for comments and help guys :)

I do have a slight problem in that ITV3, Chan10 in the TV guide, does not show any EPG info so have to use ITV3 Chan800 instead

Not sure about these channel numbers. My 9300T does show EPG info for ITV3 Chan10 so I'll use that, but the alternative ITV3 is Chan801

Last edited:
If you have services at LCN 800+, that means transmitters from more than one TV region have been tuned and the result can be confused EPG data. What other services do you have listed at 800+? There's a good chance those are the correct ones and those at the "normal" LCNs are interlopers.

I do have a slight problem in that ITV3, Chan10 in the TV guide, does not show any EPG info so have to use ITV3 Chan800 instead

Not sure about these channel numbers. My 9300T does show EPG info for ITV3 Chan10 so I'll use that, but the alternative ITV3 is Chan801
The transmitter was at one point transmitting two versions of ITV3. What you see on your "9300T" for Chan10 is the old ITV3, which has now totally stopped broadcasting. What you could do is delete both of those individual channels and then retune just the D3&4 multiplex, (with network search on the manual retune menu OFF), which will then put the current real version on Chan10 instead of Chan801. But you'll also need to then re-enter any scheduled recordings you have for the channels on D3&4.

Did you mean to say "9300T"? If you meant to say "FVP-4000T" then the solution is the same.

Thanks guys, but it's complicated :(

1. I have a 4000T and a Panasonic (smart) TV in main room

I have to use Chan800 to get EPG info rather than Chan10. Since I edit the channel list to hide most of the "dross" channels I can't now see what other 800s were there.

The TV has zero 800 channels

2. I have a 9200T (yes 9200 :), I did mistakely type 9300T in a previous post :oops:) and a non-smart TV in other room

I have EPG info on Chan10 ITV3
I have EPG info on Chan 800 ITV
I have NO EPG info for Chan801 ITV3
I have NO EPG info for Chan802 ITV2
I have NO EPG info for Chan803 ITV4
and so on, no other 800s have EPG info

The TV has NO EPG info for any channels whatsoever !

So summarising. Main room : I don't want to rock my own boat by re-tuning again and certainly don't want to re-enter scheduled recordings. Other room : I don't use the 9200T for recording, I just have it because it gives a readable screen (on screen menus) and remote control (button text) whereas the TV is very poor in both respects.

Additionally I do also have a 9300T in my main room but it's only used now and again so I haven't even bothered to re-tune recently.

Last edited:
I'm using a 5000T in Guernsey where Freeview is limited to Stations broadcast on the old Channel 50 and 59 frequencies and can see the transmitter mast less than a mile away. I've had this problem with Shakespeare and Hathaway BBC1 14.15 on 26 and 27 Feb 2019 but not on 25 and 28. Also Death in Paradise BBC1 21.00 28 Feb 2019. Looking at Recordings/Programme or Recording/Schedule and clicking on individual programmes revealed that those due to be recorded on BBC1 during the next week did not have the red clock symbol in the column on the left of the screen. Furthermore going to Guide and scrolling through to tomorrows episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway revealed that it was also lacking the red clock. I am guessing something has screwed with the scheduling. Recordings/Programmes highlight a programme set to series record, click and see if episodes yet to be recorded have a red clock. If not click cancel whole series, return. Click on the programme again then click record whole series and the red clocks reappear. I'll report in a day or two once I see if this clears the problem.

The BBC is having difficulty with series links etc at the moment, as reported elsewhere on this forum.

Also Death in Paradise BBC1 21.00 28 Feb 2019.
As BH said in post #35. With reference to DiP, I live in the Nottingham area and had a problem with DiP. Series link worked for episodes 1-7 but stopped working on episode 8. Could only schedule a one-off recording for episode 8 (yes I know it was the eighth and last - but series link usually shows up). Series link wasn't an available option. (That was on a 2000T)

Back