4000T Screen Resolutions ?

Graham Crosby

4000T Screen Resolution set to 1080p most channel are fine,

QUESTION 1. but example Ch 66 (JudgeJudy)shows like zoom screen very stretched not even right volume bar in view.
If I set to 576p then screen shows as it should be.

QUESTION 2. Setting it to 576p overall does this mean poorer picture quality on all channels ?.

Our TV has a Screen button that one can easy fast switch between Widescreen...Normal...4X3...Zoom. Can't see this option on 4000T.

Prefer to use 4000T only for viewing so just one remote control to use

graham uk

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTION 2. Setting it to 576p overall does this mean poorer picture quality on all channels ?
Yes. The HD channels will also be at 576p (I think) and you don't want that now, do you! Or can't you tell the difference? Don't know about the rest.

PS, please use the standard font unless for emphasis. Emboldening everything makes it a bit harder to read.

4000T Screen Resolution set to 1080p most channel are fine,

QUESTION 1. but example Ch 66 (JudgeJudy)shows like zoom screen very stretched not even right volume bar in view.
If I set to 576p then screen shows as it should be.

QUESTION 2. Setting it to 576p overall does this mean poorer picture quality on all channels ?.

Our TV has a Screen button that one can easy fast switch between Widescreen...Normal...4X3...Zoom. Can't see this option on 4000T.

Prefer to use 4000T only for viewing so just one remote control to use

graham uk
I have just checked LCN 66 Judge Judy, and can confirm that it is shown correctly in 4:3 on my TV.
My FVP-4000T is set to
Screen Ratio - 16:9
Display Format - Auto
Resolution - 1080p

I suspect that your problems are due to the settings on your TV.

Experience with HDR-FOX indicates that some of the lower-tier broadcasters (ie those who use ancient source material such as The Avengers) sometimes get the 16:9/4:3 flags wrong. The consequence is that at these times, 4:3 source material ends up being displayed stretched into 16:9 instead of as a 4:3 image with black side bars filling the 16:9 screen.

See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/aspect-ratio.2045/

The OP has mentioned in another thread that
TV direct the Programs mentioned display correctly but through 4000T it's stretched wrong as stated.
This would suggest that something is not set correctly, my guess being the HDMI port of the TV.

Thank you all for reply's
I will try different setting over next few days.

looking for Profile Options to add Avatar.

graham uk

Back