700 MHz clearance

By chance I was setting up a new Aura today. Didn't know about the mux change but after running the auto-tune I noticed BBC FOUR HD was in the list. Didn't try and use it though.

Didn't know about the mux change but after running the auto-tune I noticed BBC FOUR HD was in the list. Didn't try and use it though.
Well it wouldn't work until 19:00 normally, but it won't work at all until they fix whatever it is they going to do "soon", whatever that actually means.

Well it wouldn't work until 19:00 normally, but it won't work at all until they fix whatever it is they going to do "soon", whatever that actually means.
Seems very strange as they were running a hidden test. They must have discovered a problem, but what? There's plenty of space on BBCB. More than enough for one HiDef stream (and possibly enough for one or two StdDef as well). Does "Soon" have the same meaning as for the shopping channel that was showing such a caption for weeks on end?

It's regional not local, and it's coming before the end of the year, according to information put out last year. Probably after November once they've canned Oxford and Cambridge.

A web site is not a TV service. That covers local radio as well, which does give more local news. A regional TV site covers multiple local radio station areas. Just admit you're wrong.

The local news on both BBC and ITV are not local-local they're sub-regional-local. The tory vanity project that is the local multiplex was supposed to provide local-local in a few select locations. That worked well!

All that most people are asking for is that the HiDef version of BBC1 has the same local(ish) content as the StdDef version. However, it can be fun working out which version of the regional politics programme gets broadcast on HiDef.
Given that I get "ITV News Central for the East Midlands" on StdDef and "ITV News Central" (West Midlands) on HiDef - same presenters, different content, even ITV haven't sorted this one out. At least it isn't a caption.

It's regional not local, and it's coming before the end of the year, according to information put out last year. Probably after November once they've canned Oxford and Cambridge.
Given I live just north of Cambridge, what is being canned there in November? I currently get the local mux from Maddingley loud and clear, given it's less than 10 degrees off beam for my Sandy Heath reception and Maddingley is only a few miles away.

Added: not that there's anything worth watching on the local mux. And it doesn't have anything to do with BBC stations.

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw !!!
I note that article spouts this incorrect information:

Following the closure of COM7, there is no additional capacity for further HD channels.

There's plenty of additional capacity, it just requires one or more DVB-T muxes to change to DVB-T2.

Back