9200 started freezing

Not sure if it's the early signs of my 9200 packing up but every time I turn it on and it's been on a for a few minutes it freezes and wont respond to any remote commands or the controls on the front of the box including the on/off button.

In the end you have to turn it off and back on again using the power switch on the back of the box.

My 9200 is running the most up to date software and loads up without any problems. It will also respond to remote commands (change channels, open the menu etc) for the first few minutes but as soon as it's been left on for a few minutes then it locks up.

Any suggestions as to a 'cure' or is it terminal?

Thanks

Dave Crisfield

Not sure if it's the early signs of my 9200 packing up but every time I turn it on and it's been on a for a few minutes it freezes and wont respond to any remote commands or the controls on the front of the box including the on/off button.
Try a reset to default settings which usually fixes similar problems. If it freezes before you can get to the correct menu then try it without the aerial plugged in.

:) Thanks for the tip. Have just had the same problem, freezing on startup, resetting to default setting sorts it out.

Out of curiosity, can anyone explain why this sorts it, as all the settings looked ok. Would just deleting all the channels and setting them up again have fixed it?

Graham

Hey

Just a quick one to say thanks for the tips. Esp. the oje about taking the ariel out. I had this problem and the fix fixed it. I was going to try a reset but couldn't get to the menu quick enough!

props.
MrDtb

Back