9300T Guide not loading

philip43

Has anyone else experienced problems with the programme guide not fully loading? I can go into "Guide" and most of the programmes are visible instantly, but channels 3 (ITV), 4 (channel 4) 5, (channel 5), 13 (channel 4+1) and 14 (More 4) do not load at all so it's not possible to set up to record any of these. I can leave "Guide" open for ages but nothing happens. Any ideas, anyone?

Has anyone else experienced problems with the programme guide not fully loading? I can go into "Guide" and most of the programmes are visible instantly, but channels 3 (ITV), 4 (channel 4) 5, (channel 5), 13 (channel 4+1) and 14 (More 4) do not load at all so it's not possible to set up to record any of these. I can leave "Guide" open for ages but nothing happens. Any ideas, anyone?
Do you have any channels above 800? It could be a tuning issue. I suggest a manual tune.

Since the last update my EPG on my 9300 also is not loading properly, it ok for the first two days but the rest of the eight days have blank spaces. I have done a manual channel re-tune and have not any channels above 300. I leave it on BBC hoping it will populate but no joy. Hope someone can give me a solution. Also if I go above my 200 hours will the older recorded programs be deleted or will it just not record any more programs.
Thanks

Since the last update my EPG on my 9300 also is not loading properly, it ok for the first two days but the rest of the eight days have blank spaces.
There are several similar reports about. It isn't clear to me what is happening. What transmitter do you receive from?
Also if I go above my 200 hours will the older recorded programs be deleted or will it just not record any more programs.
I assume you mean what happens if you fill the disk; basically that is a bad idea and you should try to avoid it happening. There is no automatic delete mechanism on the 9300 although the later HDR models do have it as an option.

There are several similar reports about. It isn't clear to me what is happening. What transmitter do you receive from?
I am manually tuning to Granada (which is the one I have always used) although the automatic tune is for the Welsh Moel y Parc. I am on the border of Wales and England.

I have done a manual channel re-tune and have not any channels above 300. I leave it on BBC hoping it will populate but no joy.
Did you achieve that by deleting all Radio channels after tuning or by not saving any of the radio channels found?

That does not answer my question. After the manual tuning you do not have any channels above 300 but you have tuned into frequencies that contain a lot of Radio channels above 300. When you press the Radio/TV buton on the remote are there any Radio channels and what range of numbers are they allocated to?

That does not answer my question. After the manual tuning you do not have any channels above 300 but you have tuned into frequencies that contain a lot of Radio channels above 300. When you press the Radio/TV buton on the remote are there any Radio channels and what range of numbers are they allocated to?

Sorry, I never use the radio so never thought about those channels, they are 700 to 728 and on TV the channel has up 307 and also 791.
Hope I have made this clearer for you.
Thanks

I have been experiencing the problem with the gaps in the EPG on my 9300 for over a year now. So has my aunt on her 9300. Both from the Carmel transmitter.
I don't get any 800+ channels from the auto-tune but I have taken to deleting all the encrypted ones from the list before saving, hoping it will simplify the EPG requirements.

My hard drive got corrupted so I decided to replace it with a new blank one. So now I have a fresh drive with no programs on it and I did a "Default Settings" to clear out the Favourites/Record-Schedule/EPG from the memory. I think this is about as much as it's possible to wipe the machine.
Still there are gaps in the EPG.

One channel will fill all 7 days, others will lag behind. 10 minutes later the situation will reverse with gaps in the channels that were full before. I'm out of ideas.

Does anybody know if this issue affects other manufacturers or is it only Humax that is succeptible ?

I don't get any 800+ channels from the auto-tune but I have taken to deleting all the encrypted ones from the list before saving, hoping it will simplify the EPG requirements.
Using the current software just deleting all the encrypted channels does not simplify the EPG requirements. The 9200T attempts to store all the epg details from the same multiplex for any channels that you are left with. To simplify the EPG requirements you need to not be tuned into any of the channels from one or more of the multiplexes that you would otherwise be tuned to.

I have been experiencing the problem with the gaps in the EPG on my 9300 for over a year now. So has my aunt on her 9300. Both from the Carmel transmitter.
The situation that everyone using full freeview is experiencing can be agrevated by being tuned to multiple transmitters.

I am using a pair of Toppy 5800's, and don't seem to have any problems with gaps in the EPG.

MyStuff can compensate and take full advantage of deleted channels. Possibly you are using that or another epg tap.

Yes, I am using MyStuff, and only have 33 TV channels tuned in, and 0 Radio channels.

Does anybody know if this issue affects other manufacturers or is it only Humax that is succeptible ?

Five members of my family also have the same problem with their Humax boxes ( and I recommended it to them!) My friend has a Goodmans box and that is OK. I have exchanged numerous emails to Humax technicians trying to rectify the problem to no avail, I think there must be a bug in the system

I have exchanged numerous emails to Humax technicians trying to rectify the problem to no avail, I think there must be a bug in the system
I was under the impression that Humax had acknowledged there was a problem some weeks ago and there are indications that work is going on to produce a fix.

Back