A couple of questions about the Humax FVP-5000T

Andysat

I was thinking of buying one of the FVP-5000T but I have read there is no dedicated skip button. Is that so? I believe you have to jump through hoops to find it. If so, can I use the old remote for my HDR-2000T to skip, or buy a another copy remote with this function on? I have a number of recordings from the HDR-2000T on a separate hard drive, can they be viewed on the FVP-5000T? Can I offload recordings from the FVP-5000T onto a Hard Drive? Can I get Amazon Prime on it as I only see a Netflix button? Thanks for any help.

I was thinking of buying one of the FVP-5000T but I have read there is no dedicated skip button. Is that so? I believe you have to jump through hoops to find it.
I bought an FVP-5000T but as it was faulty returned it the next day. I was very surprised how easy the skip function was. Some other operational features may have taken longer to get use to, but not the skip function. It just sounds complicated when described. In practise it is easy.

I believe you have to jump through hoops to find it.
No. I eye balled the following link to remind myself of what I had read https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-use-skip-function
Now you have a description of where it is ( https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-use-skip-function) you also do not have to jump through loops to find out how to use it.

If so, can I use the old remote for my HDR-2000T to skip, or buy a another copy remote with this function on?
No. And there is no need to. I can't remember the details but I do remember I liked the skip function.

Can I offload recordings from the FVP-5000T onto a Hard Drive?
Yes. But due to encryption restrictions only SD and Radio will be payable on other devices, or other FVP-5000Ts.

Can I get Amazon Prime on it as I only see a Netflix button?
No.

I have a number of recordings from the HDR-2000T on a separate hard drive, can they be viewed on the FVP-5000T?
Hopefully someone can confirm?

A couple of questions about the Humax FVP-5000T
You asked four questions. See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/assume-v-presume.1453/
:D

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to answer my couple of questions x 2. I guess I need to take a look in a shop. If I can't just push one button on the remote for skip, I doubt I will buy one.

You could use a Logitech Harmony remote control and programme the Skip buttons to do a Play, Right/Left, Return?

There's is no dedicated so button but it can be mackled to skip. You have to
Press a button to lift the navigation menu
Press cursor up to change behaviour of the cursor buttons from FF&rw to Skip
Then use the cursor buttons to skip
But, if you press any of the dedicated FF/rw buttons, the cursor keys Audi default to FF/rw
I've got used to this bizarre behaviour but I would love to meet the idiot that programmed the skip function and stood back and said "cracked it"

Logic says that if there are already dedicated FF/rew buttons then the cursor keys could just carry out skip functions during navigation

Pressing OK up -always highlights the current time. With this highlighted the left cursor button skips back the set reverse skip (2 seconds by default). The right cursor skips forward the set forward duration (+ 2 mins by default). Most ITV ad breaks are 4 minutes. OK up and right twice is usually just right. It's second nature after a while. A Harmony remote with macro could set up a single button for forward skip and a second for reverse skip. As OK up right always works as does OK Up left you dont need a return. Just one button OK Up right and a second OK Up left

Back