A few questions

Raylenth

Hi all,

As a follow on from my request for help in the Fox T2 thread, unfortunately it was unfixable and is now officially dead. I've now got a FVP and have a few questions to ask that I can't find the answers to anywhere else.

Search function
Seems to be a bit sporadic. Some searches don't reveal any results but if I scroll through the program guide I can find the show that way. An example would be The 100. I searched 100 and nothing came up.

Missing channels
Not sure where the issue might be with this. To explain, I moved house recently and the only TV I set up initially was the one my old Fox T2 was connected to and even though I had only moved a short distance I retuned the Fox T2 and everything was fine, all the channels were where they were supposed to be. Since then I've had the bedroom freeview TV connected into the aerial as well and on setting it up again it won't find Dave and Pick. Unfortunately the FVP now has the same issue and I cannot pick up those channels on it. I've tried retuning it a couple of times yesterday when the weather was better in case there was atmospheric interference, but no joy.

Tuners
Whilst looking around the settings I saw there was a signal test function so ran it whilst investigating the above issue. Tuner 1 is at about 65%, but tuners 2 and 3 are at 0%. Is this a fault as presumably it means the multi recording function won't work if only 1 tuner is registering? If so it is an issue with the FVP or the aerial do you think?

Thank you in advance!

Tuners
Whilst looking around the settings I saw there was a signal test function so ran it whilst investigating the above issue. Tuner 1 is at about 65%, but tuners 2 and 3 are at 0%. Is this a fault as presumably it means the multi recording function won't work if only 1 tuner is registering? If so it is an issue with the FVP or the aerial do you think?
This is not a fault. You will need to be using all 3 tuners to get a simultaneous reading. Pick a couple of different multiplexes to record and watch a third then you will see all active.

Thanks, but as the other 2 are a 0% and therefore don't look like they are picking up the transmitter signal does that mean they just weren't in use at the time of the scan and they will work normally if I multi record or do I need to do something to get them to register the signal?

Thanks, but as the other 2 are a 0% and therefore don't look like they are picking up the transmitter signal does that mean they just weren't in use at the time of the scan and they will work normally if I multi record or do I need to do something to get them to register the signal?
You need to be using 3 multiplexes when you use the signal test function.
Try recording 101 BBC1 HD, 3 ITV and watching 1 BBC1 and then check the signal levels.

Missing channels
[snip] Since then I've had the bedroom freeview TV connected into the aerial as well and on setting it up again it won't find Dave and Pick.[/snip]
You say "connected .... as well". What have you used to "connect it as well"? Have you tried connection the second set or the 4000T directly to the aerial? If so, what result?

The bedroom TV is running off of the external aerial as well rather than an internal booster type aerial, so it's been connected through a normal aerial cable.

The main external aerial point in the sitting room is connected firstly to the 4000T, which then connects to the TV. I've tuned the TV's freeview function in as well and if I watch Freeview through the TV rather than the 4000T like I usually would it does have Dave and Pick, so it seems odd. Some of them get both channels, some don't, Whilst I can get them through the TV obviously it means I can't record anything on either channel.

The main external aerial point in the sitting room is connected firstly to the 4000T, which then connects to the TV. I've tuned the TV's freeview function in as well and if I watch Freeview through the TV rather than the 4000T like I usually would it does have Dave and Pick, so it seems odd. Some of them get both channels, some don't, Whilst I can get them through the TV obviously it means I can't record anything on either channel.
In which case you need to manually tune the 4000T. My instructions at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-t2-tuning-advice.472/page-2#post-5824 are for the HDR-FOX T2 but I believe the process is similar on the 4000T.

The bedroom TV is running off of the external aerial as well rather than an internal booster type aerial, so it's been connected through a normal aerial cable.
Yes, but how, exactly?

Have you (or some other ignorant person) just jammed two cables into the aerial connection box, or has it been done properly using a splitter or distribution amplifier?

(I know where my money would be...)

Back