A Lighthouse Far Away

A candle in the distance.

In other words, Remote Illumination.

I have acquired a Manhattan S4-R Freesat Recorder.

I watch telly in the dark, so I can't see the buttons on the remote.

Can anyone recommend a dim torch?

Something far less bright than a mobile phone torch?

Any suggestions?
 
So, what are you going to do — hold the torch in one hand while operating the handset with the other? Wouldn't a dim desklamp be more effective?

Astronomers use dim red lamps / torches, to avoid destroying their dark vision (it takes about 20 minutes to re-acclimatise).
 
The remote for my Denon AV amp has glow in the dark buttons, could you get a learing remote that did that or maybe even one that has backlit buttons? It would be a neater solution than fumbling around to find a torch and the remote. If not some of those little key fob torches are pretty dim and could be attached to the remote quite easily to always be where needed.

 
Back
Top